Updating old Schluters.....

Here’s one for Pete
Retro helicopters
bluejets

Re: Updating old Schluters.....

Post by bluejets »

Ebay is worldwide.....
I often get stuff from UK.....sometimes only a few days...although with the virus things are slow.
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Are Aussie suppliers accepting credit cars by remote these days? I ask because for a number of years, I ran Australian Fords in the UK! From 1976 to 1981 I had a Fairlane, and from 1983 to 1997 an LTD (both the 351 V8s). Very expensive when new here in the UK, but with depreciation that had to be believed! Both mine were 2nd hand, the LTD only 2 years old when I bought it for about 1/4 its showroom price! Had it 14 years, lovely car!

However, spares were an issue, and I do remember staying up until midnight to ring a Ford dealer somewhere in Victoria to order a speedo sensor when mine failed! ("Jeez! There's a guy on the phone here ringing from England!!!" :shock: ) They were happy to send it, but wouldn't take credit or debit cards! I had to send them an international money order, which took longer than it took for the part to come back!

Happy days!

--
Pete
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

Very smooth machines those......have driven both at one time or another.

Most places accept credit cards but I'm not sure if there is any difference where you come from.
I'd imagine if it is a Visa or similar should be no worries.

Would need to check with the individual company/dealer/store.
Paypal can be used in most places for international no problems, even if you do not make an account with them.

As for international postage times, lately it has been slow due to the virus but things are picking up again here rather quickly.

Started putting the little HK450 chopper together on the weekend and ran into a couple of manufacturer defects but after a couple of hours and a bit of machining, back on track.
Just waiting for the motor and esc to arrive now.
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Finally got some video of the DS-22 doing test hops! I'm only hovering ti at present until I'm sure nothing will drop off!

Still needs a bit more headspeed, but nearly there:

--
Pete