Hello

Welcome to the Mode Zero Forum
Jim

Hello

Post by Jim »

Greetings everyone. I live in England near Cambridge and have been modeling since the late 60's flying KeilKraft Ajax and Senator etc. After a bit of a break I flew RC in the 80's also messing about with helicopters. About 15 years ago I sold all my ic engines and fly only electric now. Last year I retired early so have much more time messing about doing things I enjoy especially RC aeroplanes.

In 2014 I built a single channel set using one of Phil's encoder boards. This was used to fly a Tomboy and I had great fun with it but I did switch to a modern transmitters as I never really got the hang of button pushing, how did they do it? I plan to use the set now in a KK Dolphin kit that I acquired a few weeks ago and have another go at button pushing.

A couple of years ago I bought a pair of Macgregor 27meg transmitters, one a 3 channel and the other 4 channel. I intend to convert these to 2.4gHz, one for myself and one for my son. Back in the seventies my dad used to take me to the Sywell symposium and I always lusted over the blue Macgregor set but could never afford one, so it's a dream come true at last!

I will start a new thread with lots of questions about converting the Macgregor sets so hopefully the good people of this forum will be kind enough to help me.

Thanks for having me!
Wayne_H

Re: Hello

Post by Wayne_H »

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of experience, knowledge & a willingness to share & help, within the Mode-Z forum.

Be sure to trawl through the Proportional section, where many conversions have been posted by their owners.
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hi Wayne

Thank you your welcome from a very far away place, amazing thing these internet forums make the world seem a much smaller place.

Take care
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum. I'm based near Ipswich so I'm almost your next-door neighbour! Regarding having another go at button pushing, I would strongly recommend converting your Macgregor 3 and/or 4 channel sets with Phil's 7-channel encoder which has the facility for a button as well...... So you can fly the model on propo and when you get up to a safe height you can fly it (or not!) on the button. If you get your knickers in a twist you can sort it out using proportional and then go back to the button for a bit more practice. I have both a Mac 3 and a 4 converted so would be happy to show you.

PM sent

Paul
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hi Paul

I'm about 80 miles away from Ipswich, so we are near ish neighbors!

Propo with a button as well sounds very interesting I've never heard of that one I will have to investigate. I'm interested in seeing your conversions.

I will start a new thread in the propo section asking relevent questions on the conversion very soon.

Thank you for your welcome.
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Hi Jim fellow East Anglian here, Swaffham.
Let me know if you need any of the Lemon RX modules as we have become LemonRx main sales and support base for the UK.
We do a preferential price for Forum members too!
cheers
Stuart
smackayrc@aol.com
07785 926158
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hi Stuart

Thank you for your welcome from another East Anglian neighbour!

I've read some of your posts and watched a couple of YouTube videos on Lemon modules, they look very good and I've only heard good things about Lemon. I will contact you when I need to get some modules, it may be a little while but I have your contact details.

Take care