Welcome to the Mode Zero Forum
Rogall

Post by Rogall »

Hi
I've been "lurking" on this forum for too long so spurred on by Phil's recent exhortation here's sort of who I am. No great expertise in any modelling field but have dabbled in most. Still involved in model Planes, Boats, Trucks and Railways. As I said no great claim to fame in any of them. I'm also very interested in card modelling, especially anything designed by Wallis Rigby. And like Phil and others very interested in vintage/retro computers, more on that in the right thread.
Aeromodelling has always been my main interest not a lot of experience in RC, control line was my first and main interest, speed and T/R.
A little about me. I started working life as a Halton "Brat" for them that don't knows they were RAF apprentices. After Air force service I spent all my career with BAE System in it's various interations, BAC British AeroSpace etc.
That's it for now, hope to contribute to the various threads probably by asking dumb questions
Cheers All
Roger A
Shaun

Re: Newbie

Post by Shaun »

Welcome to the wonderful world of t'iterweb.
Keep posting👍
Rogall

Post by Rogall »

Phil_G wrote: 22 Oct 2020, 17:18 Hi Roger thanks for posting, I wonder if you knew Pete Rieden, I suppose its a big place, when I say I worked for BT people always ask "do you know xxx" which if course I dont :)
Still plenty of interest in C/L, we always have a circle or two at Ponty.
Vintage/retro computing has all my attention at the moment, been busy!
Cheers
Phil
Thanks guys for the welcome
Phil, sorry Pete Rieden doesn't ring any bells.
Nice to know that there is some CL activity at Ponty. Had hoped to attend this year. Maybe next year?
Cheers
Roger
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

I suppose its a big place, when I say I worked for BT people always ask "do you know xxx" which if course I dont :)

Having spent most of my life in Aussie, we're always getting..."our (insert name here) went out to Aussie in the seventies....etc"

Gary
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Welcome Roger, keep on posting :D
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)