Another 'Hi' from Germany.

Welcome to the Mode Zero Forum
kalle123

Another 'Hi' from Germany.

Post by kalle123 »

Yesterday did a search for an SBUS display and I found Martins YT post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSPsJLBgBE4

And this led me to this forum here. ;)

I am a retired mechanical and marine engineer from the Rhineland.

Things I am in ... openXsensor, some small projects like PWM , PPM display with Arduino.
And there is a long on going thread here in a German forum, were we use Multiplex MPX TX modules and MPX RXs with FrSky transmitters and have a MPX to FrSky telemetry converter.
Looks like this with my Taranis at the moment (the blue thing is the converter).
We started with a teensy, changed over to pro mini and now we can use also use an attiny 841

If someone is interested, I could start a thread here.

br KH (stands for Karl-Heinz, which is a bit long .... ;) )
Martin

Re: Another 'Hi' from Germany.

Post by Martin »

Hi KH, welcome aboard!

If you don't want to do it yourself, I could modify my SBUS sketch to display microseconds, or +/- travel percentage or whatever - just let me know how you'd like it formatted on the display. I suppose it could support different display formats, perhaps using a button to cycle through the alternatives.

I'd be interested in reading about the MPX to FrSky telemetry. You can post a link here, but if it's in German, I'd have to rely on Google translate or similar.
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

Martin wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 11:19 I'd be interested in reading about the MPX to FrSky telemetry. You can post a link here, but if it's in German, I'd have to rely on Google translate or similar.
Hi Martin.

You are interested, so I'll start a thread here in this forum to explain, what we did with that MPX to FrSky converter.
Might be of interest for other users here too.

About your sbus display, I posted in that thread.

br KH
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

Phil_G wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 13:02 Welcome aboard KH, we're always interested in a new project... even more so during lockdown :D
A "Marine engineer on the Rhine" sounds like an idyllic job!
Cheers
Phil
Thank you Phil for the warm welcome here.
Phil_G wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 13:02 A "Marine engineer on the Rhine" sounds like an idyllic job!
Not on the Rhine, but 'things' like this here.

A 'Reefer' with 200.000 boxes bananas from central America to Europe. But that was nearly 40 years ago :mrgreen:
A moment it was not so busy in the engine room .....

br KH

PS. Hope, it is OK to post pictures. An old engineer saying ' A picture says more than 100 words ...'
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

Willkommen an Bord.
Welcome aboard, nice to have you here.

Frank
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

tiptipflyer wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 15:18 Willkommen an Bord.
Welcome aboard, nice to have you here.

Frank
Hi Frank.

Thank you!

br KH
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Small world....
I'm a Engineer/Naval Architect and under 20 years designing reefer ship insulation and hold design paid my bills! I can't see which class the reefer belongs to unfortunately but it might...
I ended upp being project manager for quite many new buildings of reefer....
What refrigeration plant? STAL, SABROE, GRENCO OR KÜLAUTOMAT (former East Germany manufacturer)

Welcome ombord :D

...and yes Källner is my lastname.
Attachments
20210202_190436.jpg
20210202_190452.jpg
20210202_190505.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

I only was with the merchant navy for 3 years. But leaving was hard!

Was 2nd engineer on those new reefers. Beautiful ships, fast! 8 cyl MAN main, 4 AUX diesels, 3 Sabroe screw compressors, prim Rxxxx (I forgot the number), sec. brine. Three computer (GEAMAR, GEAMOT and GEAREG for cooling control) in engine room. Around 1980. But after this period, stayed ashore and tried ;) to make my money in commission and service first power stations and then steel, aluminum and paper mills ...

Here another pic of 'my' Pocahontas in Colombia, waiting for cargo.

Still remember the pics, when we were loading in Central and South America. Rooms precooled, side doors open and those poor guys running with 2 boxes of Chiquitas on the shoulder from the outside heat inside and back. Those guys did not get old ....

br KH
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Pocahontas became Swan Lagoon but was built by BOELWERF VLAANDEREN - TEMSE, BELGIUM 1980 and original name was Baltic Meridian and built for Russian interest!
The vessel was built pre pallets standatd 2.20 heigh in cargo holds
Cheers,

Tobe
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

A warm welcome Karl-Heinz from me also. I too am interested in finding out more about that MPX-Frsky 'interbreeding' ;) .

My MPX radios are not current generation, being a Royal MC from 1985 & a MC4000 circa 2002. Both very leading edge in their day, and fabulous Txs still, I feel. My current generation Tx is a Taranis.
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)