Hello there - new arrival at Mode Zero

Welcome to the Mode Zero Forum
leccyflyer

Re: Hello there - new arrival at Mode Zero

Post by leccyflyer »

Thanks Tobe - I do intend going to Ponte and will look forward to seeing the repro transmitters in action.
leccyflyer

Post by leccyflyer »

Update on my progress to date, as requested earlier.

Really enjoyed getting ready for Ponte, attending the meeting and getting to meet so many of you. Had a couple of models ready just in time but unfortunately the weather was such that the Outlaw and the Ken Willard Schoolboy that I had built for the event did not get to fly.

Phil and Shaun were able to sort me out with a long sought Gem 1+1 transmitter, duly converted to 2.4Ghz and with updated encoder installed by Phil. I'm told that the set came from Wayne in Australia and there's a huge thank you from me to all of those gents for helping me on the way to finally realise a long-held ambition.

Have now managed successful three channel propo maiden flights with the Schoolboy and Outlaw and my flights with the Outlaw have been marvellous. I'm just about at the stage of committing to that single channel maiden for the Outlaw at least. The Schoolboy needs a little more work, but I'm sure I'll get there. The diesel engined fuselage for the Outlaw is progressing well - details posted in the appropriate thread - and there's a PAW 1.49RC and PAW 15RC on the test bench at the moment, attracting an occasional flick in passing. So far I've just been treated to a wee phrappp from the prime and I need to rig up a suitable tank and get them both running. Following discussions here and elsewhere the smaller engine will be fine for the Outlaw. The larger will go in the Mini Super eventually.

Post Ponte have also made a start on cutting out and getting ready to build a Go-Jet and the Wagtail also looms large in the to build list. It's been a bit of a hectic couple of months since discovering Mode Zero, but a complete hoot getting back to my earlier modelling attempts, messing with balsa and tissue.
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Glad you're happy with the Gem - a great little Tx, enjoy :P
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)