Hi all

Welcome to the Mode Zero Forum
Barry

Re: Hi all

Post by Barry »

Hi Ade,
Only the Sharkface has been built since my rekindled interest in single channel. The other three were already in existence and had previously been flown free flight or modern proportional.
The capability of being able to trim the model using modern gear and then transferring to single channel has certainly given me a lot more success than I originally had with the MacGregor back in the 70's.
Barry
pikpak

never been here before ;-) [was: Hi all]

Post by pikpak »

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Times later there was one more person on a crumb in the whole universe among a few billion other people, whose father thought: the boy should do something clever. And he bought him a plane for his birthday. That was 1967, the plane was Graupner's Cessna Bird Dog. You can see it here: http://www.parmodels.com/hales-frogflit ... sheet.html It didn't want to hover properly, I'm just not God ;-)

At first a r/c was unavailable, but I pined over it. A few years later, the old and simple tip systems were available for affordable money. But my brother-in-law, 18-year-older, told this bullshit. I'd learn fast, and then that cheap station won't satisfy me any more. This tip was absolutely right in 1975! It's 2018 now, and I've got some of the assets I couldn't and "wasn't allowed" to buy before - i think just like the other tifosi here ;-)

My first r/c flyer was the Roaring 20 from Ken Willard, more precisely from Top Flite (= with full-shell wings, not with ribs) received from my brother-in-law in 1974. r/c and engine borrowed from a friend. I learned two things: a) that a lot of paint weighs a lot and b) what a Babcock Compound Escapement does.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... stcount=17

And yes, I have old motorcycles too. When I bought these, they were new or used as usual. But I haven't (almost) sold any since 1981 ;-)

LG
Patrick
teamdavey

Post by teamdavey »

Well first, thank you for letting me join. I hope I can contribute something here along the way.

Have been in RC since I was a kid, with vacuum tube Tx and vacuum tube and transistor, home-built Rx. Flown escapement, manual pulse, pulse propo, and reeds along the way. Designed and built my own radios up through the Century Systems sets in the 80s in the UK. Taranis/Open tx today.

Fly mostly scale helicopters these days with a large side dish of scale planks.

Best regards to all.

Jim Davey
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hi Jim! Welcome aboard. :)