Welcome to the Mode Zero Forum
Al Clark

Post by Al Clark »

Hi

My name is Al Clark

i’ve been a modeler since 1959 when I was 7 years old. Started out with ukies, did a bit of freeflight, and got my first radio when I was 19. It was a GG radio set by Ace R/C. Always worked on the bench but always quit in the air, so I replaced it with an Ace R/C Pulse Proportional R/C radio with an Adams actuator and had success with that. Later my first digital proportional radio was a Kraft 2 channel brick set.

I’ve designed, built, and flown a lot of stuff over the years, from 1/8A up to 1/3 scale gas powered stuff. I flew 1/2A and smaller stuff extensively in my early years. I‘ve run RC cars and racing boats. I’ve raced pylon. I used to be the company demo pilot for a short-lived RC helicopter company. I competed heavily with RC sailplanes for years. I’ve been designing, building, and flying giant scale aerotowed sailplanes for the last 9 years. I fly DLG sailplanes. I like electric powered models and have many, from UMX stuff through EDF jets.

I have a soft spot for small R/O and 3 channel models. Recently I got interested in GG again after Tobe Kallner came out with his actuator, Phil G came out with his recoders, and Jay Mendoza began converting old radios to 2.4 GHz. I recently designed a GG model (named “Fidget”) around the Tobe GG actuator and had Jay Mendoza convert an old Orbit TX to 2.4 GHz for me to fly it with. Tobe Kallner just finished building a Fidget. That model will be coming out as a construction article in the AMA Model Aviation Magazine.

I am a Contest Director. I’ve been President of two model clubs, Vice President of one, and Treasurer of another club. I’ve started two model clubs. I’m currently the Newsletter Editor for one of our local RC clubs.

I still own my old Ace R/C Pulse Proportional radio and have 3 receivers for it and various Adams actuators – it all still works.

Looking forward to reading and posting on your Forum.

Regards,
Al Clark
Al Clark
Wayne_H

Re: New Member

Post by Wayne_H »

Hi Al,

Welcome to the forum ;) How about posting a few pics of your Fidget?
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Welcome Al........ Not that it matters but........ where on the globe are you?

Plea to everyone...... Please fill in the bit of your info that says where you are! :P

Paul
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Hi Paul
Al’s in North Alabama USA.

Ron.
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Good to see your here at last Al :D

...I did I did I did I did :roll:

An impressive little machine, nicely designed, easy and fast built and on top a good flyer.
Cheers,

Tobe
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

PaulJ wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 20:00Plea to everyone...... Please fill in the bit of your info that says where you are! :P
Good point, Paul.... done!! :oops: