Welcome to the Mode Zero Forum
MaxZ

Post by MaxZ »

Hello all,

My name is Max Zuijdendorp. I live in Boskoop, The Netherlands. My primary interest is designing (in 3D CAD) , building and flying RC sport/scale airplanes. If you recognise my name, it is probably because I published a number of airplane designs in RCM&E magazine. However, I am also interested in building and flying vintage models in so-called RC-assist Free Flight mode, of which there seems to be something of an upsurge in my country. I am flying a modified Pee Wee Pal and a Tomboy, for which I purchased a single channel emulator board from Phil Green a good number of years ago.

I have always had an interest in electronics as well, and recently I have learned to program in Arduino, with which I have designed various boards for myself and my fellow modellers, such as a gun turret movement simulator, a rowing oar driver for a little rowing boat, and a landing gear door sequencer.

Max.
RON
Site Admin

Re: New Member

Post by RON »

Welcome to the forum Max

We're a friendly bunch here, Looking forward to seeing some of your models and electronic designs.
Always here to help should you need it

Ron (admin)
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
MaxZ

Post by MaxZ »

Phil_G wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 14:42 I'd love to see the rowing-boat in action!
You can see my test rig here:

As you can see I can vary the speed as well as the stroke.
In the meantime the boat is finished to the extent that it floats, and functions as designed :) The throttle channel will move it forward and backwards at varying speed. Contra to many examples I found on the net my boat steers by varying the stroke, keeping the oars moving in sync as I believe a human rower would do, not by varying the speed left and right independently.
So the rudder channel will reduce the stroke on the inside of the curve initially, eventually stopping that oar, and finally reversing on that side to do an "about turn". I hope I remember all of this correctly (I think I do), since it was almost 4 years ago that I ran it for the first and only time :roll:
DSC03251.jpg
Max.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Welcome to the forum Max, I just love your rowing boat! :P

Will we see you at Pontefract in May?

Paul
MaxZ

Post by MaxZ »

PaulJ wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 19:46 Welcome to the forum Max, I just love your rowing boat! :P

Will we see you at Pontefract in May?

Paul
Thank you Paul. No, I will not be in Pontefract in May. Getting across the North Sea is rather expensive, and my holiday budget is already committed I'm afraid....Maybe next year.

Max.
F2B

Post by F2B »

Mind you, apart from being a prolific designer and A+ pilot, Max is also one of the staples of The First Aviators, a bunch of Dutch madmen, occasionally flying models across the Channel...
You're seeing Max in this video at 3:07 holding the plane and at 6:31 (he's standing left, I'm at the table, blue hat):
F2B or not to be....
MaxZ

Post by MaxZ »

Too much honour, I am certainly not an A+ pilot. May be just as well that, when on the return trip to France I was slated to do the landing on the beach, the plane's engine cut prematurely and it had to be ditched before it got there........

To be repeated end of July this year (not the ditching!).

Max.

(Hi mr. B, I see you were already present on this forum :o )