New on Mode Zero

Welcome to the Mode Zero Forum
HenkB

New on Mode Zero

Post by HenkB »

Hello
My name is Henk Bonestroo. I'm a model flyer since the sixties and my main interest was F3B contest flying. Participated in several Wch and Ech events during the eighties and nineties and took part in several British international F3B contests and have great memories of those days.
Lately my attention is drawn to the times when I first started model flying (nostalgia) and my first radio equipment a Futaba FT-5S single channel rig. I want to rebuild my Graupner Cadet, originally a free flight sports model and fit a single channel 2,4 G conversion radio in it.

BTW If anyone is in possession of this Futaba FT-5S radio it would be great to receive some detailed photos and measurements of the transmitter case. If I can't get hold of an original set, I might try to build me a replica.
MaxZ

Re: New on Mode Zero

Post by MaxZ »

Hi Henk, that makes three of our little group (that I know of ) that have discovered this forum, sounds like an invasion....
F2B

Post by F2B »

Aha! :D
Another 'First Aviator'....

Henk's rig in the making:
F2B or not to be....
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

Welcome Henk,
Good luck with your search for an FT-5S. This one just went on e bay for silly money...

http://www.m.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-VINTAG ... nav=SEARCH

Gary
HenkB

Post by HenkB »

Whow Gary, really serious money. Can't remember what I payed for the set in 1968 but it was a fraction of the plus 400 Aus$!

Seeing the pictures I might be wrong about the type may be not a FT-5S. My Futaba set was a bit different.Image
HenkB

Post by HenkB »

Thanks Max for finding the right image of my Futaba set and Bruno for preparing the Arduino ProMini. The Frsky DHT hack module is on its way.
MaxZ

Post by MaxZ »

HenkB wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 09:24 Seeing the pictures I might be wrong about the type may be not a FT-5S.
The one on ebay is a 5C, the one I located a picture of for you is a 5S type
HenkB

Post by HenkB »

Oh, I see, cee ;)
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Welcome to ModeZero, & remember - we are the
sane ones, those not on this forum being the eccentric ones........ :shock: :lol:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)