New Member from Australia

Welcome to the Mode Zero Forum
TomWatson

New Member from Australia

Post by TomWatson »

My name is Tom Watson I live in Sydney Australia. I have been modelling for at least 70 years. I started when I was six and I am 76 now. Been through most types of models up to and including Turbine Jets. I have a Single Channel set with the encoder designed by Jean Marie Piednoir from the Vintage Radio Control Society. I also have one of Phil's Tiny 6 Reed sets in a Junior 60.
I fly at the Charles Kingsford Smith Model aircraft club at Pitt Town just west of Sydney.
I have just ordered a Galloping Ghost set from Tobe and am building a Jr Falcon for it. It will be silk covered.
I had a Rand actuator many years ago.

Are there any other Retro Modelers in Sydney?

Regards

Tom Watson
Sydney Australia
RON
Site Admin

Re: New Member from Australia

Post by RON »

Hi Tom
Welcome to the forum and great to have you onboard.

Ron.
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
drigotti

Post by drigotti »

Welcome Tommy! Very glad to hear from you!
I'm enjoying single channel again after 50 years!
Dave Rigotti
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Hi Tom, welcome to the group :D . There are Aussie members active on the forum from Sydney, WA & regional areas - I'm in Temora, NSW. As our numbers are slowly growing, perhaps we should consider how we may participate (remotely) in the annual Ponty event - postal (like the FF guys do) or try & get together somewhere???

Regardless, great to have you with us ;)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

G'day Tom,
Welcome to the group, I'm a member of two of the Shire clubs in the southern suburbs if that's close enough, still a beginner to SC, 50 years only flying RC.
Cheers,

Dave
_AL_

Post by _AL_ »

Welcome aboard.
I'm in Hornsby so not too far from you.

I've often though about a visit to the Pitttown club. I might wander out one day for a look.

Al
TomWatson

Post by TomWatson »

The club allows visitors twice per year. Contact me if you want to visit and I will arrange a time. My most popular days are Tuesday and Sunday. Tuesday is best as there is less crowd.
Must be MAAA affiliated.
TomWatson

Post by TomWatson »

Wayne_H wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 23:01 Hi Tom, welcome to the group :D . There are Aussie members active on the forum from Sydney, WA & regional areas - I'm in Temora, NSW. As our numbers are slowly growing, perhaps we should consider how we may participate (remotely) in the annual Ponty event - postal (like the FF guys do) or try & get together somewhere???

Regardless, great to have you with us ;)
Hi Wayne. I have had a few great weekends at Temora for the Jet Fly Ins. Nice place. Flying from a full size runway is great. Wonderful aviation Museum.
I want to visit the Museum again so perhaps we can meet and have a fly at your field.
Regards