Ace Nautical Commander Docs

Shout here if you need any help!
Maybe you need a plan - just shout
Grif

Ace Nautical Commander Docs

Post by Grif »

Any links to the TX construction, docs and schematics for the Nautical Commander system?
Mike_K

Re: Ace Nautical Commander Docs

Post by Mike_K »

I think there was more than one model of the Nautical Commander. Mine has the Signetics NE5044 encoder chip which was widely used by many R/C manufacturers in the 1980s, such as DigiFleet and Kraft. The encoder board has a similar layout (but not identical) to my Ace Silver Series and the schematics are similar enough that you you should be able to work it all from this link:

https://vintagercfiles.com/Files/ACE/Silver%20Seven/

Nautical Commander
Nautical Commander
Ace_NC.jpg (41.47 KiB) Viewed 7306 times
Silver Series
Silver Series

The left-hand part of the circuit boards are near identical, the right-hand part of the Silver Series is for servo reverse/throw which my Nautical Commander doesn't have.

The only Ace Commanders and Silver Series I have ever seen are all on 72MHz, I don't know if they did a 27MHz, 35MHz or 40MHz, so may not be suitable for use in Europe, but OK if you are based in the States.

Mike
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Mike_K wrote: 01 Feb 2023, 18:58
......The only Ace Commanders and Silver Series I have ever seen are all on 72MHz, I don't know if they did a 27MHz, 35MHz or 40MHz, so may not be suitable for use in Europe, but OK if you are based in the States.

Mike
They did a 27MHz version which I modified to 29MHz, the frequency band used in Australia at the time. Great radios!! :)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Grif

Post by Grif »

Thanks guys,, I think that gets us close enough...