ESC Down on revs

Shout here if you need any help!
Maybe you need a plan - just shout
RalphJ

ESC Down on revs

Post by RalphJ »

After successful (propo) trimming flights with my new Weekender 36 I'm in the process of getting the single channel setup working. With some good help from Phil I've finally managed to program the max and min settings of the 3 position throttle into my ESC and it now works correctly. Trouble is that even on high throttle the revs are significantly down on what they were with my propo Tx.

Tried a test flight today but the model wouldn't climb at all whereas before it was just right. Any ideas how to tell the ESC to give me more go?
Shaun

Re: ESC Down on revs

Post by Shaun »

A suggestion, did you range the esc first; general procedure is first remove prop from motor, use a servo tester turned up to max throw, plugged into esc. power up, wait for beeps then reduce throw to min. Power off.
This is how we used to do it for the multi rotor esc's to ensure max throttle would be available.

Cheers,

Shaun
RalphJ

Re: ESC Down on revs

Post by RalphJ »

Thanks for the super quick reply. Tried it this morning and I think the servo tester did give it a few more revs and was an easy way to get the esc into programming mode. Unfortunately when I reconnected the receiver I got the 'transmitter off' alarm - when it was definitely on. Had to set the throttle limits on the button again to resolve this.

Have now reprogrammed the esc for hard timing rather than soft. Bit better I think. Will try again. Otherwise it's back to the 3s lipo rather than the 2s I'm using - on the inital flights the 3s produced far too much power.