Magnetic catches......?

Shout here if you need any help!
Maybe you need a plan - just shout
PaulJ

Magnetic catches......?

Post by PaulJ »

My leccy glider is nearing completion and I have to decide how I am going to keep the canopy in place. I have bought some little button magnets which I think will do the job quite well but........ It is all a bit cramped around the nose of the model and the magnets are quite powerful so is there any danger that close proximity to the magnets could damage or affect the electronics in the receiver, servos or ESC? :?

Paul
Mike_K

Re: Magnetic catches......?

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Paul

You'll be fine. I've got the hatches on most of my motor gliders held on with magnets and I haven't had any problems with Rx reception, ESC or motors. On my warm-liner I've got two magnets, one inside and one on the hatch and the magnet inside is touching the Rx case and no problems have been encountered.

I would imagine that the only onboard component that may get affected by magnets are hall effect current monitors that some modern telemetry enabled ESC have and flight controllers with an internal compass, but knowing what transmitters you use, I don't think you use telemetry or a flight controller and it won't be a problem!

Cheers

Mike
PaulJ

Re: Magnetic catches......?

Post by PaulJ »

Many thanks Mike. :P

Paul