Rotating images

Shout here if you need any help!
Maybe you need a plan - just shout
RobertC

Rotating images

Post by RobertC »

Is there anyway the OP can rotate his/her image with the editing tools provided on the post?
I can’t for the life of me see how to do it !
I’ve uploaded them in the orientation I wanted yet the forum turns them sometimes 90 or 180 degrees, any help appreciated on how to do it ..thank you Rob
Mike_K

Re: Rotating images

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Rob

I don't think you can do it with the tools provided on the forum, but I can sort out any photos that are incorrectly rotated for you in Photoshop.

Cheers Mike
RobertC

Post by RobertC »

Hi Mike

Many Thanks, ok well I appreciate your help on this one 😊
I never know which way to upload to get it right first time ..
It’s funny though, that you click on some and when they load to their own page , the image turns itself round .

Rob
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Rob

I think the problem is probably whatever program you are using to edit the photos (and it is appreciated that you are trying to make the file size smaller than from the camera), it is messing with the jpeg Exif data. You can Google Exif to find more details, but among other things, it defines if an image is rotated. The photo and its Exif don't match up, so the thumbnail is rotated, but the original appears correctly. All I'm doing is downloading the original photo and opening and saving it in Photoshop, which restores the correct Exif data and everything is back as it should be.

Cheers

Mike
RobertC

Post by RobertC »

Thanks Mike
Ok I’ll try a bit of photoshop instead of using the iPhone to reduce the sizes before emailing to my laptop before up loading