Seeking info on some old bits 'n pieces

Shout here if you need any help!
Maybe you need a plan - just shout
Wayne_H

Seeking info on some old bits 'n pieces

Post by Wayne_H »

I was recently loaned some old R/C bits 'n pieces to have a look at & photograph before having to return them (bugger :cry: )

The first item is an old valve rx with relay. The only discerning mark is "E.C.C - England". Anybody able to identify it or tell us anything about it?
ECC SC_1.jpg
ECC SC_2.jpg
ECC SC_3.jpg
ECC SC_4.jpg
ECC SC_5.jpg
Next is a servo/actuator by MK Japan. Not sure if this is a proportional servo or a S/C servo. The 2 sets of 3 wire leads are interesting(?). Are they for daisy chaining such servos together or are they for a separate battery for the servo motor, or?? Any ideas?
MK servo_1.jpg
MK servo_2.jpg
MK servo_3.jpg
There are 2 actuators that use a mighty midget motor. One actuator is clearly home made, the other looks more commercial. Both have wiper plates & wipers suggesting, to me at least, that these are S/C actuators. Again, Any ideas?
MM_Commercial_1.jpg
MM_Commercial_2.jpg
MM_Commercial_3.jpg
MM_Commercial_4.jpg
MM_Commercial_5.jpg
MM_homemade_1.jpg
MM_homemade_2.jpg
MM_homemade_3.jpg
MM_homemade_4.jpg
Over to you guys ;)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Mike_K

Re: Seeking info on some old bits 'n pieces

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Wayne

That's a lot of vintage R/C gear there! I'll work my way though your photo's, but the first one is easy, ECC were one of the early UK set manufacturers and their receivers were very popular, both for price and reliability. Shaun has a complete boxed set of ECC:

viewtopic.php?p=10200#p10200

Don't know much about the MK servo, their other 6 wire servos were for S/C with contacts for throttle servo, so I assume the same. And the other actuators look familiar, I expect Shaun and others will recognise them without me looking through back copies of RCM&E magazines.

Mike
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

ECC was probably the first reliable commercially available RC set in the UK. There were a couple of versions of the RX and the Tx was one of the very first hand held sets.

I've not seen the red MK actuator before but MK actuators from memory were marketed by RipMax in the UK and renamed RMK.

They had a number that used the mighty midget motor .I would guess the red anodised one is a MK manufactured unit.

Cheers,

Shaun
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Mike_K wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 19:35 Hi Wayne
That's a lot of vintage R/C gear there! ............
Mike
But wait, there's more :o ........... While these goodies were returned to their owner, I did come into some Tx's through the same source (Barry) via Brian_Z (thanks lads! ;) ). There's something serendipitous about an Aussie getting Pommie, Japanese & Yankee radios (Skyleader, RCS, Sankyo, PCS, World Engines) from a south island Kiwi who was visiting the north island 8-) . The Tx's will be the subject of other posts.

Thanks for the info chaps, much appreciated.
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)