More old bits and pieces...

Shout here if you need any help!
Maybe you need a plan - just shout
Dodgy Geezer

Re: More old bits and pieces...

Post by Dodgy Geezer »

Not at all unusual for the artwork in early modelling adverts to bear little resemblance to the sold article. That could easily be a photo of a development unit.

Taycol motors used to use a line drawing of the early 'Marine' motor with the drum commutator for many years after they had replaced it with a newer and different design...
Dodgy Geezer

Post by Dodgy Geezer »

I note that I omitted to thank Shaun for his most useful data on the Pathfinder Mk1. It was much appreciated, and has drastically shortened the time I expected to spend in discovering how these things work.

I am hoping to continue the presumed aims of the original owner and convert this into at least a bench demo for a progressive mark-space controller suitable for marine use. I recall that Siemens 'high-speed' relays were the advised components for following square wave outputs of 1/10 sec or less - I wonder if there's anything similar around today....?
Wavemeter

Post by Wavemeter »

Shaun …could my badge be scanned , So a repro badge be made I wonder ?
Maybe Stuart can help
Reconstituted boy
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Wavemeter wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 22:28 Shaun …could my badge be scanned , So a repro badge be made I wonder ?
Maybe Stuart can help
Thanks for the offer but on closer inspection there is some faded screen printed text on mine that's not on the later badged ones so I'm assuming mine possibly never had the badge and is a very early model.

Shaun
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

I know this thread is getting a bit old, but while moving bits back into my office I came across the Pathfinder Rx Service Sheet, which was the free "pull-out" of the RCM&E Nov 1961.

Ripmax_Pathfinder_Rx_Service_Sheet.jpg
Mike
Dodgy Geezer

Post by Dodgy Geezer »

Brilliant! Thanks very much! Just what we need....