Ponte number 10 is sorted..

Events and news
Shaun

Re: Ponte number 10 is sorted..

Post by Shaun »

Cheers Stew. Good news it's still in one piece.

The artwork is down to Gary, I would have used transfers :D
He also covered it in Solartext for me.; I just glued the bits of wood together. Well it was a actually a small forest.

Shaun
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

....got complaints concerning my first Sharkface as it has elevator so I digged in balsa scrap box and came up with a second and this one is rudder only.
I built the second as light I could with the available balsa and ended up 3 Oz. lighter!
Also this wing is sheeted but not in 1/16" but in 1 mm, slightly less than 3/64".
Neither building required more than 1/2 a day including 3 coats of dope...so plenty of time to make your own Sharkface for Ponte
Attachments
20220508_194852.jpg
20220508_194844.jpg
20220508_194839.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Anyone needing LemonRx DIY modules and/or receivers taking to Pontefract, please let me know ASAP as stocks are running a bit low.

I don't know if I will have DIY modules on order by the end of May.

Plenty of plug and go modules here if you have JR module Bay transmitters.

Thanks
Stuart
smackayrc@aol.com
07785 926158
Bennett_g9@sky.com

Post by Bennett_g9@sky.com »

Shaun, I will be there for Sat and Sun, camping on the Sat night.After missing last year at the very last moment, nothings stopping me this year!!!
George Bennett
George B
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Hope that all of you able to attend have a great time. For the rest of us, I'm sure we'll be there in spirit or virtually ;)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Wayne

The Weekender you sent over a few years back will be attending and flying at Ponte, so you'll be there in more than just spirit. Amazingly it's still in one piece, I've replaced the stabiliser as it got damaged with the bands cutting into it and it's got a few extra ounces of glue, but still flies well!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Bennett_g9@sky.com wrote: 18 May 2022, 20:48 Shaun, I will be there for Sat and Sun, camping on the Sat night.After missing last year at the very last moment, nothings stopping me this year!!!
George Bennett
There should be a few in the camp again this year. 👍

Shaun
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Mike_K wrote: 19 May 2022, 12:10 Hi Wayne

The Weekender you sent over a few years back will be attending and flying at Ponte, so you'll be there in more than just spirit. Amazingly it's still in one piece, I've replaced the stabiliser as it got damaged with the bands cutting into it and it's got a few extra ounces of glue, but still flies well!
Hi Mike, very glad the Weekender is still providing enjoyment. I really do need to make another one!! However, yours is starting to sound like grandad's axe - it's had 2 heads and 3 handles, but is still the best axe he ever had :shock: :lol:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Number 10 is done and dusted. A tad moist for an hour or so but a brilliant day. Some excellent models in the sky and on the ground.
Thanks to all who came, flew, exhibited, helped out and made the event a success again.

Shaun and Phil.
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Well done to all the "management" and the great atmosphere for all that attended to make my first visit to Ponty so enjoyable and memorable.
The flying, new acquaintances made and banter were truly memorable!
:D :D :D :D :D
Let's see the photos!