Single-Channel & Retro R/C Event 2020 postponed

Events and news
Phil_G

Single-Channel & Retro R/C Event 2020 postponed

Post by Phil_G »

Hi everyone, you've most probably been expecting this but I can confirm that we are having to postpone the 2020 event until the Coronavirus situation is cleared. Pontefract Park comes under the jurisdiction of Wakefield Council and whilst they have asked that all gatherings of this nature are postponed, we were in any case at the point of making that decision ourselves - basically they have confirmed our thoughts that Ponty is more of a social gathering than a sporting event and as such represents an unnecessary health risk. Most of us are no longer spring chickens, which in itself puts us as a group at a higher risk. The health of ourselves and of our families obviously comes first, and we do need to heed the advice to reduce the general load on the NHS so they can concentrate on the matter at hand.

Rest assured that the Single-Channel & Retro R/C Event will return, its impossible to say when at this stage and its pointless nominating a future date that is quite likely to suffer the same fate. When the time is right we will make an announcement here, but for now we should all be reducing the chances of contagion by staying at home as far as possible and following all the hygiene advice - now wash your hands!

Stay healthy

Phil
Mike_K

Re: Single-Channel & Retro R/C Event 2020 postponed

Post by Mike_K »

I've just looked at my calendar to see what I would have been doing this weekend if it wasn't for the covid-19 restrictions and realised it would have been the Pontefract weekend :cry:

And Shaun and Phil had even arranged perfect weather for the weekend too.
Pontefract_Weather.jpg
I think I'll have my own little Ponte flying session on Sunday, just a shame there will be no company.

Mike
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

I had built this for the 2020 Ponty do - even having been furloughed, I only just finished it in time!

Double size (80") KK Invader with 4 electric motors - and before anyone asks, it has 'proper' rigid wings and control in the x and y planes is by 'proper' rudders and elevators. ;) :D

Anyone else built anything for this year? Hopefully we'll be able to have some sort of meet later in the year......

Actually, it's a Samsung A40, not an iPhone!
Actually, it's a Samsung A40, not an iPhone!
Last edited by Colonel Blink on 14 Jun 2020, 06:35, edited 2 times in total.
Martin

Post by Martin »

You've made a really nice job of it!

How did you arrange the linkage to the rudders? That must have taken some thought.
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

Fantastic Col, all dressed up and nowhere to go.....Peterborough flying aces has been cancelled as well, so that's flying over for this year basically.....

Gary

....by the way....your shoelace is undone...

Gary
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

'Lovely job Colin! In a funny sort of way it reminds me of the Spruce Goose! :P

Paul
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Cracking job Colin (as always) and a real shame about Ponte; as soon as it's feasible we will sort something. Weather has played nice again today after the early moist start.

I had some new models, Pushover, Rota -duo, Wagtail, Whisper, Sssshhwept, Lightning (my favourite model ), Deacon, and Flying Banjo.

Didn't have time to build a stupid large Depron monster again. Just as well as it turns out eh.

Cheers,

Shaun
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

Thanks for the kind words, all - and to the MZ Pixies who turned the picture round and accused me of being part of the Apple Clan.....

Today would apparently have been a suitable day for a maiden, but Milady and I have arranged to go out on the motorsickles so it will need to wait for another day. Anyway, I need to repair the small holes in the wing where I managed to swing the 6ft building board into it - yes the air was a very deep shade of blue!!!!

Oh and as for rudder linkages - who needs 'em? I'm running four servos mounted in the tailplane.......
Oh, dash it all, what?
Oh, dash it all, what?