Ponte number 10 is sorted..

Events and news
Shaun

Ponte number 10 is sorted..

Post by Shaun »

Heads Up..

It's sorted.. our 10th Ponte event is booked.

28th May is our all electric, any model RC day (i.c. control line is the exception)

29th May is the Retro do.. Same format as always.

The theme for this year is going back to our roots, Single Channel when about 20 of us turned up on that windy, cold day of our first ever meeting.

To expand..... there will be an award for the best button flyer of the day with a trad single channel model. This doesn't mean the best or largest model but the flyer who gets fully engaged in the spirit of things and importantly the model is flown on the button in true Mode Zero fashion. Throttle , Kick up (or down) ele all ok and everybody is welcome to join in even if you have propo rudder etc on an appropriate model, but you won't win the "Spirit of Single Channel Award..

This is additional to all the usual fun and games we've had over the past 9 events so if you don't fancy button pushing turn up and fly your fave retro models of choice.

More details soon.

PS, there will be a build feature in a future RCM&E if you want to make a single channel TX but there's plenty of info here on the forum and people willing to help if you want to get going sooner. You only need to ask.

Phil has plenty of S/C encoder pcb boards to sell so contact him if you're interested. For Spekky flyers, Stuart has plenty of Lemon 2.4g RF modules or use an old 35mHz one as Frank ( in Germany) has done many times now.

Cheers,

Shaun.
Last edited by Shaun on 07 Feb 2022, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne_H

Re: Ponte number 10 is sorted..

Post by Wayne_H »

Wow, it seems to have come around again rather quickly. You "locals" had better make the most of the opportunity while we "foreigners" curse the tyranny of distance & international COVID travel conditions ;) . Remember, in my part of the world, anything less than at least 300km each way is considered a day trip :lol: :shock:

Time for those of us out-of-country to start thinking about our own local get together on the same(?) weekend, and make Ponty a virtual international event!! Calling all Kiwi based Mode Zero folks (KMZ'ers? :P )
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Jim

Post by Jim »

Great news, Shaun, I really hope to be there for the first time this year especially as I should have a couple of MacGregor sets ready very soon.

Is there any camping onsite or nearby?
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hi Jim,
Yes, there is limited camping / caravaning on the field. PM me and I'll get it arranged for you. I'm assuming you want Saturday night.

Cheers,

Shaun.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hi Shaun

I'm thinking of arriving on the Friday and stopping two nights. I'm guessing that there are no facilities on the site so I think it might be better if I find a campsite nearby as I will be in a tent without toilet shower etc.

Many thanks
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Count me in, I'd better start building!
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

...and I have to think about a Ponte Sweepstakes! ...and start building
Cheers,

Tobe
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Jim wrote: 04 Feb 2022, 21:51 Hi Shaun

I'm thinking of arriving on the Friday and stopping two nights. I'm guessing that there are no facilities on the site so I think it might be better if I find a campsite nearby as I will be in a tent without toilet shower etc.

Many thanks
Hi Jim,

We have a toilet but no shower. I would suggest camping at Ponte on the Saturday night. It's free and there will be other modellers there to chat to.

You could always dab a bit of ""eau de diesel cologne" behind your ears to freshen up
😄

Shaun.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Thanks Shaun :lol: I would use eau de diesel as you suggest but I only fly electric these days :D
Spike S

Post by Spike S »

"Eau der Diesel" is a pleasant smell. However, "Eau de electric Burnout" is rather acrid ! :(
Spike S
(Tune for maximum smoke)