Ponte number 10 is sorted..

Events and news
Shaun

Re: Ponte number 10 is sorted..

Post by Shaun »

Hi Gordon,

There should be tea, coffee, bottled water plus cakes.
I'm hoping to be have the BBQ set up to use.
If not there is a Mac D's a 10 min walk away.

Cheers,

Shaun.
Martin

Post by Martin »

I think Gordon was asking about the actual mugs. Ron used to organize those - a different commemorative mug each year. I've got one of the 2017 ones with the GEM artwork on it.

I suppose if Ron isn't interested in doing one this year, someone else could.

There are websites that let you upload your artwork, and buy a quantity of them. More you buy, the cheaper they get. You pay extra for larger capacity, more colours, etc.

I like a larger capacity one myself, but of course, those cost more.

Here's one website where you have to buy a minimum of 72 mugs. If you go for the cheaper 'cambridge' mug that holds a 'standard' 330ml (same as a standard Coke can) with different internal and external colours, plus a two-colour printed design they're £3.64 each. So that means whoever buys them has to spend £360.50, and hope to make sufficient sales at £4 or £5 each to get his money back. :shock:

Ron used to work out the postage costs, and take orders in advance for those who couldn't attend Ponte. It's a risk though, and especially if the weather is bad and you don't sell many over the Ponte weekend, you may be landed with about fifty mugs and about £150 out of pocket!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Yes Martin,

Should have read it correctly. I answered quickly as I'm at the theatre atm. Nothing high brow. It's the highly offensive and extremely funny Book of Mormon. :D

I'll look into the mugs tomorrow.

Shaun.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Just finished my Ponte model for this year.Veron Tomtit. Started and almost finished around 30 years ago. Covered and painted by our resident Aussi Picasso Gary for me last year ( all hand painted , no vinyls or decals.. cheers mate).
Just finished sticking all the techy bits in and scale details today.

Assuming the test flight ( on propo) goes well I'll be flying on the day. If I grow a pair I may even fly it on Reeds as originally intended.

Shaun.
Attachments
IMG_20220428_120039223.jpg
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

Looks good! I like the little "Veron" badge hidden away on the fuselage...
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Found a new use for elastic thread used for making bracelets.
It worked a treat for the flying and landing wires.
The nose and engine bearers took some hacking off to modify it for e-power.

Cheers,

Shaun
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Test flight done. Still in one piece. It was tail heavy and needs more down and right thrust on the motor but looks excellent. Pics to follow.

Shaun
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

DSC_0089.jpg
As you can see its clearly tail heavy atm even though I used the position on the plan (or at least I thought I had); made the test flight interesting but I flew for about 5 mins before landing to get plenty of pics just in case its first landing was its last. As it wasn't rekitted I'll add the remaining details such as windscreen, steering sticks and maybe a few dials.
Shaun
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Ponte is approaching and I realize that despite have built several Sharkface I don't have any!...so what to do? First I wanted to check if the excuse there is no time left to build one so I took out the blue prints and a few scrap pieces of balsa out of the "Magic scrap box".
I decided to make a sheeted wing just to not have to cover it and to use aliphatic glue as much it was practical and the result is:
20220503_194444.jpg
20220505_181610.jpg
4 hours to bone it out and an additional 2-3 hours for dope and installation which I would equal to 3 evenings so if you start on Wednesday May 25th it should be completed on Friday and maiden on Saturday so ready for Ponte on Sunday!
The reason I went for the scrap box is that for the time being it's almost impossible to get decent balsa at least here in Sweden and I didn't want to use the good stuff...
Mine is outfitted GG with the 2xHR brick and the spare motor for my Blunderbird which should be comparable to a COX Babe Bee .049,
20220503_194511.jpg
20220505_181828.jpg
You will notice the poor quality of my balsa, the Sharkface weighs in at slightly below 10 oz. with a 2s 1000 mA liPo but I'm convinced that if built with AA grade balsa and a regular actuator it would be around 2 oz. lighter

...and yes I'm going for 3 channel so I have renamed the Sharkface to Sharkface 2022 and here I'm using the same set up as in the Ghost-Ender
20220417_175858.jpg
20220417_175829.jpg
So those of you that haven't yet started on your Sharkface have plenty of time...

Cheers and hope to see you all at Ponte.

PS. Might need a few stripes and an Emoji
Cheers,

Tobe
Stew

Post by Stew »

Stunning model Shaun! and Tobe, don't forget the teeth!!