Ponte 2023 .....It's on !

Events and news
Shaun

Ponte 2023 .....It's on !

Post by Shaun »

Same general format as always. Saturday E- flight - any model type plus drones & helis plus control line and Sunday, our Retro do - ic, elect, glider - RC and control line only no free flight please. Dates July 15th and 16th.

Theme this year is Ken Willard. Any size, scaled up or down, preferably balsa or depron, e- power or IC, single, multi, multi modded RC.

79 free Willard plans available on Outerzone, so get creative, get building and we can have a mass launch. Some of his smaller and simpler all sheet models can easily be built and finished in a couple of days of leisurely shed time from the scrap box.

More details from Phil soon..

Cheers,

Shaun
Jim

Re: Ponte 2023 .....It's on !

Post by Jim »

Hi Shaun

That's really great news! I really would like to make it to Ponty in 2023. I've not been before and really regret not making it as my plans keep being scuppered. It's in my diary, see you there. Fingers crossed!
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

It's that time of the year that Ponte seems to be so far away but as you know time flies so don't procrastinate to much...
A reminder if you need any of my actuators for your projects please let me know ahead so I get the time to be able to serve you.
As usual there will be a Sweepstake....not sure yet how it will be this year so please stay tuned for upcoming info but one thing is sure, it will turn around your Ponte project depicted here.

Cheers

Tobe
Cheers,

Tobe
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

OK, Santa has been & your modeling chest is topped up, brimming with goodies in need of a project. So what Willard designs are people considering for Ponte?

While you're ruminating, I urge you to grab the box of off-cuts & spend a night making a Pageboy. It's a fabulous little aeroplane, takes no time to build & flies a treat.
20180614_083555.jpg
Also, if you're still planning(?) when Ponte rolls around, you'll have a model ready..... :lol:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

I would have a whole fleet of Ken Willard models:
Pageboy, Schoolboy, Schoolgirl, Lil Swell, Poolboy, Roaring 20, Stits Sky Baby, etc. and all are great flyers, even the Sky Baby.
Some more are on my to-do-list: Scorcher, Gasser, Cannonshot, Drake, Kittywake (still have the TF kit).
Pageboy4.JPG
SchoolboyCox1.jpg
Schoolgirl7.JPG
Poolboy8.JPG
Roaring6.jpg
Skybaby2k.jpg
Skybaby2k.jpg (12.35 KiB) Viewed 10394 times
Frank
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

How are you guys proceeding with your Ken Willard's project for Ponte 2023?
Not much done in the Skunkworkshop as radio wise but I have been quite proactive reducing the size of large piece of balsa to small ones that when glued together might look like a model airplane, I have realized that every time I build an airplane my shop shrinks with double that volume!
Must admit that when I build I'm quite intensive...
20230217_103325.jpg
20230217_103306.jpg
20230217_103259.jpg
20230211_191624_resized.jpg
Please share your projects for Ponte, I have built a couple of Traveller
IMG-20230218-WA0002.jpeg
IMG-20230218-WA0004.jpeg
20230219_164314.jpg
20230219_165118.jpg
...but still fighting with the size of the carrying box as Ken Willard's suggestion of size is way to big
IMG-20230220-WA0003.jpg
...a few PageBoys in different configurations and a SchoolGirl which is my favorite.
20230219_170819.jpg
20230219_170813.jpg
They are all equipped with some of my own actuators/servos & Rx.
20230219_170949.jpg
Might be a few more models before springs arrive and I'm able to hit the flying field
Cheers,

Tobe
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

I just happen to be in the finishing stages of Ken Willards Top Dawg, pity can't get over there, no airfare and no passport. I will try and fly the same day and post pics. :)

Hope the weather plays well on the day and all have fun.
Cheers,

Dave
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Great to see some "Willard building" happening. If all else fails such that I don't get anything else built, I'll resort to my Pageboy(s). I would like to make a new GG model at least, but yet to decide which Willard design - suggestions??

Dave, we may be able to have a Ponte Colonial Chapter(?) get-together - I'll PM you 😉👍.
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

This is a call out to any of the Australian members of ModeZero in particular in NSW, I know we would all like to attend but, the UK is on the other side of the planet, airfares, accommodation and transport is a bit much to lay out. So, after a phone conversation with Wayne, we were wondering if any MZ members here in OZ would like to get together for a small flyin on one or both of the Ponte 2023 days or as close as possible to that weekend (venue to be advised/found). A chance to put faces to the names on the forum and a photo or two to post here later on, and maybe a buy, swap and sell of any excesses to our collections (a car boot sale) make a day of it.

It is winter for us at that time 15th and 16th of July, not a worry to us Australians we fly all year round. Not to leave other states out, maybe members in other states could do the same, New Zealand Too.

Wayne and I are prepared to travel a bit depending on finding a field that is prepared to host the meet and within a reasonable travel distance.

So, anyone down under interested, please let me know, we can work out how far people are prepared to travel, then talk to clubs to see availability of a field on the day/s.
Cheers,

Dave
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Great idea 👍.

Phil and I will forego our usual 1000 dollar Ponte franchise fee to help with the success of this event. 😂😂😂

Hope it works out.

Shaun.