Ponte 2023 .....It's on !

Events and news
Mike_K

Re: Ponte 2023 .....It's on !

Post by Mike_K »

leccyflyer wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 18:27 I don't currently have a single channel set, but was thinking possibly a Schoolboy as a relatively quick build, that I could put current proportional gear in for the Saturday.
Don't worry about not having a single channel set, many (the majority?) fly S/C with propo sets, albeit many with a Phil_G encoder so it can still be flown on the button, with the joystick there waiting to help if your thumb gets out-of-sequence with the switch. But you'll see modern Spektrum and Futaba being used as well, just don't worry if that is all you have, don't be conscious of your radio brand and just fly and enjoy, it's supposed to be a fun day!

There will undoubtedly be a few brave soles, however, flying with converted S/C sets and Pete Christy will probably be flying his Mini Robot with Elmic Compact escapement as well.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Flew the Wingamagig the other day, just as much fun as I remembered.

The motor, prop and Lipo suggested gives plenty of power.
One point ..it needed upthrust on the motor.; that's washers on the bottom of the motor. 👍
leccyflyer

Post by leccyflyer »

Mike_K wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 19:58
Don't worry about not having a single channel set, many (the majority?) fly S/C with propo sets, albeit many with a Phil_G encoder so it can still be flown on the button, with the joystick there waiting to help if your thumb gets out-of-sequence with the switch. But you'll see modern Spektrum and Futaba being used as well, just don't worry if that is all you have, don't be conscious of your radio brand and just fly and enjoy, it's supposed to be a fun day!

There will undoubtedly be a few brave soles, however, flying with converted S/C sets and Pete Christy will probably be flying his Mini Robot with Elmic Compact escapement as well.
Thanks Mike - will see how far up the learning curve I can get, before seeing the single channel models in action! The members of this forum have been incredibly helpful and I'm really looking forward to it.
Shaun

Retro Modeller

Post by Shaun »

Mike & Sarah of Retro Modeller are are coming again this year with a shop full of modelling goodies. Additionally they will have stocks of Balsa and Wire this time so bring plenty of modelling tokens to spend and get some bargains.

👍
Stew

Post by Stew »

Oh goody! Always looking to increase the balsa stash, although I only ever seem to build out of the scraps box! (an old Ben Buckle Junior 60 kit box).
I look at the 'good' balsa stash and think "Nah, I'll keep that good stuff for a really special model" but I never use it!
Stew

Post by Stew »

Not a great forecast for the weekend, but Sunday looks the best day albeit a little windy.
Praying to the weather Gods for a reprieve. Ponty is always the highlight of my year.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

We have always had many hours flying in the past 10 years and only ever had rain stop play a couple of time for an hour max.

Turn up meet everyone and have fun.....

The weather will be great.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Are there any camping facilities at Ponty this year? I would like to bring my little tent to keep the rain off on Saturday night.
What times do things happen and is there any food available or anywhere nearby I can eat?
The other Phil
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

The weather in my part of the world is alas, also iffy. I hope all you retrobates who are fortunate to participate all have a great time.

I look forward to seeing lots of pictures & videos 8-)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Stew

Post by Stew »

I'll be there Shaun. Come rain or shine.