Ponte 2023 .....It's on !

Events and news
leccyflyer

Re: Ponte 2023 .....It's on !

Post by leccyflyer »

It was a brilliant event, even with the horrendous weather - well worth the trip, as it was really good to meet and chat with so many of you, see those marvellous single channel and other vintage models in action and on the ground. The superb demo of the conversion and new build radio gear, seeing the Galloping Ghost actuators for the first time and having the opportunity to pick up some lovely balsa and hard to get bits from Retro Modeller's tent were a big part of that - but the blether was top notch - I learned a lot. A big, big thank you to PANDAS, to Shaun and Phil and all of those who helped organise the event and to everyone who attended. I drove home with a warm glow and am already looking forward to next year!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Glad you enjoyed it. I hope you will be starting the wagtail today. ;)
If you search the 4-max site for customer models Sssshhwept the same power set up will be perfect for the wagtail.

Cheers,

Shaun.
Graham G

Post by Graham G »

Thoroughly enjoyable “weekend” from a relative newby to “Retro” modelling. A big thanks to the PANDAS Club for all the hospitality.

Looking forward to 2024 and better weather next year
Stew

Post by Stew »

If you new chaps thought that meeting was good, wait until you see one with good weather! It has to be seen to be believed. Looking forward to Ponty 2024!
It was great to meet up, just a shame the wind was a bit much. I always go away from these meetings with renewed enthusiasm and new ideas.
Highlight for me was seeing Tobe's amazing transmitter! What a bit of kit! And a great flight by that little blue 'Go-Jet'

Men in sheds. Still the cutting edge of technology and innovation!

Stew.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Big thank you to all you guys at Ponty for putting on a great event and the hospitality was very warm and friendly. It was great to put faces to forum names and meet some real hero's. The weather was a bit inclement and I decided not to stop for the Sunday too but I really enjoyed myself on Saturday and I will be back next year.
Thanks again

"The other" Phil
leccyflyer

Post by leccyflyer »

Shaun wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 00:28 Glad you enjoyed it. I hope you will be starting the wagtail today. ;)
If you search the 4-max site for customer models Sssshhwept the same power set up will be perfect for the wagtail.

Cheers,

Shaun.
The Wagtail article says it's a quick build and the laser cut kit is beautifully done. I haven't started it today though, but having seen Tobe's magnificent Galloping Ghost demonstration rig, I'm sorely tempted to go with that waggly tail. As an omen there were four of the beggars in my garden this morning.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Which Wagtail article, the original or my one with all the e-power mods?

👍
leccyflyer

Post by leccyflyer »

The original Radio Modeller article. I haven't looked out the mag yet for your article Shaun, but certainly will do.
Nick M

Post by Nick M »

Come on - there has to be a few photos...
Jim

Post by Jim »

Nick M wrote: 17 Jul 2023, 21:31 Come on - there has to be a few photos...
Too wet and windy to photograph anything!