Ponte Retro Fly In 8.5.

Events and news
Shaun

Ponte Retro Fly In 8.5.

Post by Shaun »

I've already had a few requests for another retro do this year. Last year we organised an event at BMFA Buckminster but it wasn't well supported but I appreciate it's a bit of a trek for some of us.
Fantastic venue , real shame. I'm testing the water for who would come if Buckminster is free, (It may not be possible to have another one at Ponte this year as we have to apply for a licence for events early in the year). We really need at least 20 - 30 minimum fellow retrofiles . Who's game ... I'm happy to try to sort something if we get the numbers..

Cheers,

Shaun
GarydNB

Re: Ponte Retro Fly In 8.5.

Post by GarydNB »

Me and Mrs.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Count me in :P

Paul
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

I'm certainly up for it, but it will depend on the date - family commitments, etc....

--
Pete
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

As one who did go to Buckminster last year, I enjoyed it so much that I'm going again (to the SAM35 RetroFest) at the end of June anyway. These things always take some time to gain momentum, so don't be disheartened - I'm sure that those who went last year will want to go again.

Count me in (unless it's between 29th August and 8th September when I'll be in Australia).
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Actually Col , why don't we tag it onto Retro Fest...
We could all meet up there..That would make life easy.. June 29th....

Cheers,

Shaun..
Twitcher

Post by Twitcher »

That's fine for me Shaun. June 29 is in the diary.

David
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Is anybody going to go to the Retro Nats on Fri 28th? Unfortunately, I'm playing steam traction engines on the 29/30th, unless I can slip off after towing the trailer there and then reappearing on Sat evening.

Cheers

Mike
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Sadly, I'm not going to be able to make this one. My wife has arranged for us to spend a week in North Wales with our daughter and her husband, and that's the week-end we're going up there.

A trip to Portmeirion is on the agenda - something that's been on my bucket list for ages - but that doesn't really compensate for missing out on 8.5.

It was an excellent event last year, and I will be thinking of you all over the week-end. Hope the weather holds for you.

--
Pete
Shaun

Re: Ponte Retro Fly In 8.5

Post by Shaun »

Hi all,

Being chatting today with Manny (BMFA) and Ian Lever (Sam 35 - who's organising it) regarding the Buckminster retro fest. They are more than happy for any Ponte Retro fans to come and join in the fun. Plenty of flying slots available. Onsite camping, burger van, bring and buy (or take and sell :D ). Lets get as many of us as possible to turn up and make this a success.
Full details here:- https://nationalcentre.bmfa.org/event/retrofest

Cheers,

Shaun