'Anyone going to Old Warden this weekend?

Events and news
PaulJ

'Anyone going to Old Warden this weekend?

Post by PaulJ »

I should be there both days..... the forecast is good :P .
F2B

Re: 'Anyone going to Old Warden this weekend?

Post by F2B »

Any one for the weekend 21-22 Sept. ?
As I will be there.
Hoping for good weather of course as I will bring both my F2B aerobatics model as well as the little, single channel J3...

F2B or not to be....
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I hope to go both days..... :P

Paul
F2B

Post by F2B »

Anyone else? :?: :)
F2B or not to be....
F2B

Post by F2B »

PaulJ wrote: 11 Sep 2019, 21:03 I hope to go both days..... :P

Paul
Tried to locate you but didn't succeed.... :|
F2B or not to be....
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I was there both days........ and I'm glad you didn't see my effort in the spot landing comp! ;)

Paul
F2B

Post by F2B »

PaulJ wrote: 25 Sep 2019, 22:25 I was there both days........ and I'm glad you didn't see my effort in the spot landing comp! ;)

Paul
What model were you flying and did you fly on the button or simulated reeds?
About the spot landing (was there a contest?), I landed on a spot everytime... Just not the spots i intended to.... :lol:
I didn't fly on the Saturday because of the breeze, my J3 surely would have ended up in Leeds or nearby ;)
Sunday morning amongst the park flyers was OK, then one flight on the RC flight line and after that with FF radio assist until the wind picked up, some time before the rain crept in.
All places were fun to be and all around only happy, friendly people....
When I read about TX control I feared that my self made with an unrecognizable DHT module wouldn't be accepted (it is 100% legal, but hard to prove to someone that doesn't know the inner life of FrSky stuff), but got compliments instead and a pink sticker with the number 13, that I defied by not making any keying errors.
My single channel experience from 50 years ago is back where it should be, in the thumb... :D
Been hanging out in between with my UK F2B friends at the other end of the field and with my buddy Henk, flying his FF models.
A great experience and whenever I get the chance (time, money...) to visit a Mode Zero event, I certainly will.
F2B or not to be....
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Yes, Saturday was a bit windy but it was up and down and I did manage to fly the Debutante, Soubrette and Coquette and I tried to fly the Ohm 4 but for reasons unknown the engine (DC Dart) just wasn't delivering enough oomph and it didn't get away...... I didn't attempt to fly my freeflight Poppet because that has a habit of flying away even when there isn't any wind!

Conditions on the Sunday morning were perfect with a grey sky and very little wind. The spot-landing competition is run by SAM35 and was brought forward to 11.30 because of the forecast of rain in the afternoon. I flew the trusty Debutante. It is a "league" event in which they count your best 3 landings over several events. By a fluke of fate I won the trophy last year because of one spectacularly lucky landing and the fact that the last event was cancelled because of the weather. There is absolutely no chance of a repeat this year, in fact I don't think their tape was long enough to measure any of my efforts this year! :oops:

The rain did indeed arrive as forecast just before 2.00pm and we adjourned to the museum which is absolutely fantastic and always seems to have something new..... This time they had an immaculate replica WW1 Albatros DVa, it even had the lozenge pattern on the wings. :o I could spend the whole weekend in the museum if I didn't have important model flying to do!

So yes, another great weekend. Sorry I missed you....... there's always next year!

Paul