RetroFest - Buckminster BMFA HQ

Events and news
Shaun

RetroFest - Buckminster BMFA HQ

Post by Shaun »

This is a heads up for this new event on the 6th, 7th and 8th July.

More details soon but keep checking here:-
http://nationalcentre.bmfa.org/calendar ... rmat~json/

Disciplines will be Free flight, Control line, Retro Aerobatics, everything we do at Ponte, SAM's vintage plus more... A total Retro balsa-fest.

Shaun
Mike_K

Re: Retro Nats - Buckminster BMFA HQ

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Shaun

What is the format of the retrofest, is it mainly competition or is there an element of a "fly in".

I'm not very competitive when it comes to flying and I always seem to prop up the bottom of the result sheet (I came dead last in a few gliding comps and a club 20 comp I entered in the 80's). But I'll probably pop along for one of the days to have a look, even if I don't fly.

Cheers

Mike
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Current plans are there are a number of SAM's events that are comp based however all the our stuff is the same as Ponte - fun flying, so fill up the car and aviate..... However it will be in a slot format to accommodate everybody on the field. This will actually allow modellers to wander around and see other disciplines in action.

Cheers,

Shaun
martynk

Post by martynk »

I have been asked to organise the Retro Aerobatics event on behalf of the UKCAA.

At the moment, we are thinking of two days (Fri/Sun) of Fly-in with a contest on the Saturday to UKCAA Pick5/Pick7 rules.

It all depends on the slots that we get.

www.ukcaa.org.uk

Martyn
(Admin @ UKCAA)
--
Martyn

mad-aeromodeller.blogspot.co.uk/
www.ukcaa.org.uk
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Quick update and name change.. The event is now known as Retro Fest. The reason being the organisers didn't want to put off sport flyers when may think it was purely a competition event.. Not the case, there will be plenty of sport flying slots available

Shaun.
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

Having been very surprised to see my Windbag featuring on the 'poster' for this event, I spose I'd best make an effort to go! I'll put in an application for a passout tonight......
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hi all,
Who's going to Retro Fest then..Sport flight line will be run along the lines of Ponty...

Big Pulstar will be making another appearance... I'm bunging a camera on and bringing my goggles so you can experience a very slow FPV ride along.

Shaun.
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

I'll be there, but not arriving until Friday afternoon (its a 5-hour drive from out here in the sticks!). I'll chuck in as much as I can get in the car.....

--
Pete
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

I'm going for the just the Sat and Sun. I'll bring along whatever I have left flyable - the weather has been so good I've squeezed in nearly a years worth of flying in a few weeks with the inevitable mishaps.

Pete I'm bringing my own Bekra glow fuel with me! It was a good recommendation and all my engines have run really well on it.

See you all there?

Mike
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Sure thing Mike!

A tip with Bekra - although they don't advertise it, they will make it in straight (no nitro) to order. You need to order 4 gallons to get it, but if you have engines that don't like nitro (like I do!) it is available.

I've also been mixing two parts straight to 1 part 16% to get a mix that is close to 5% for my 4-stroke in the Jackdaw, although it actually seemed happier on the straight (Well, it ticked over slower, anyway!).

I have the 16% for the OS and Irvines in my helis.

--
Pete