A plethora of vintage PCB's

Something to sell, buy or swap?
List it here.
flea_flyer

Re: A plethora of vintage PCB's

Post by flea_flyer »

Hello all
The receiver problem has been resolved, with something on the way for me to check out. More on this later.
I have decided to put this working system into a low-risk flying model - specifically the "Imp" glider designed by Terry King. It's on Outerzone (No. 3847). I say low-risk because without an engine, a fly-away is unlikely. Also, the Imp has a wingspan of only 48 inches, so not a lot of materials/cost to build. Finally, being an old-school glider, it will not have startling performance, but sufficient for a few nervous presses of the button before it lands. It will be flown flat-field and not from a slope; it will be launched using a Graupner style hand winch, which seems to work quite effectively for smaller gliders, without the pain of running (speaking as a member of the 'old pharts club'!)
I have a few rubber-powered escapements so will use one in the Imp.
Will post again when the project develops.
BTW, should I start a new thread for this?
Gerry
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

If you are planning to use an Elmic Compact escapement, you might want to check out the modifications I do to them to improve reliability: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1059&p=8961&hilit= ... pact#p8961

--
Pete
flea_flyer

Post by flea_flyer »

Thanks Pete. That is very informative.
My escapements are all by OS, which may however have similar weaknesses (I'll go an look right now!). If so, your fixes will be applied, where applicable (?!?)
Gerry