A plethora of vintage PCB's

Something to sell, buy or swap?
List it here.
Shaun

A plethora of vintage PCB's

Post by Shaun »

Free to a good home for the cost of my Hermes postage (UK only)

Sprengbrook, F&M digital, Bonner, MacGregor, Micro Avionics, RCS, EK and more.

Shame to skip them but that's where they'll be going if nobody wants them in a week.

Postage will be under a tenner.

Cheers,

Shaun

IMG_20210306_102309418.jpg
Stew

Re: A plethora of vintage PCB's

Post by Stew »

Sorry but the word 'Plethora' just makes me think of the movie 'The Three Amigos'. If you haven't seen it, it's a must. Very funny.

Stew.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

In the recycling bin now except for the few we discussed Mike ๐Ÿ‘
flea_flyer

Post by flea_flyer »

Hey Shaun (and others)
Anyone looking to dispose of a collapsible/telescopic antenna that was used for 27MHz gear? It could be plain or centre-loaded, but needs to be around 4ft long (OK, 1.2m!) and in reasonable nick. There are lots of shorter ones around on eBay, but they don't seem to be very substantial.
Just thought I'd ask....
Gerry
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

pm sent......

Paul
flea_flyer

Post by flea_flyer »

I know this is now an old thread, but thought it was worth trying. I would like to source unwanted boards or gear that may contain one specific item: slug-tuned coil formers. The type I prefer are the Aladdin type in clear or white plastic with a mounting plate on one end. They are fixed to the board/base using two screws. I have spent some time looking on the web with no results so far.
They will be used to build a "Singlet" single-channel tone transmitter for 27MHz as designed originally by Paul Newell.
Let me know what you got!
Gerry
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Gerry, is this what you are looking for? This board is ex an RCS Guidance System, If it is any use to you pm me with your address.....
20221011_122258[1].jpg
Paul
flea_flyer

Post by flea_flyer »

Paul
They're the ones!
PM sent
Gerry
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

The whole board caught the post this morning...... :P

Paul
flea_flyer

Post by flea_flyer »

Phil_G wrote: โ†‘12 Oct 2022, 12:28 That board looks perfectly usable Gerry, good condition and with the crystal ready to go.
Unless you particularly want to build a Singlet tx, I would consider using the RCS board as-is, its a very good design :)
The RCS Guidance System instruction booket is item M56 on the Archive page of www.singlechannel.co.uk
It says 9 to 12 volts for the transmitter & recommends 2x PP1 6v batteries. Note the price on the cover - one shilling!
Cheers - Phil
Wonderful! And a great suggestion,Phil, about using the board as is. It will save a lot of headaches, especially as the end game was always to get a s/c unit going on the 27MHz band and not just to actually build the unit as DIY. I have receivers and escapements to suit.
Until I became familiar with Paul Newell's design, my only reference was some outdated valve or hybrid designs in other books. I presume there might be a circuit somewhere on the Single Channel site? If not, one can easily trace out a circuit from the board with the older type construction. As a minimum, I will need to know what battery voltage the original ran on. Thanks so much for your help, guys
Gerry