Radio Modeller Nov 1981 Free Plan

Something to sell, buy or swap?
List it here.
iflylilplanes

Radio Modeller Nov 1981 Free Plan

Post by iflylilplanes »

Anyone have Radio Modeller magazine Nov 1981? I'm after a scan of the free plan "Dranac" a David Boddington design, tried all the usual plan sites to no avail. Here is a pic of the magazine cover..... The Dranic is the canard held by the girl

Many Thanks If Someone Can Help,

Cheers,

Dave
Cheers,

Dave
tiptipflyer

Re: Radio Modeller Nov 1981 Free Plan

Post by tiptipflyer »

MaxZ

Post by MaxZ »

Or this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1981-Radio-M ... 4769368529
probably from the same source.

And Sarik seems to sell the plan as well, but pricy.....

Cheers,
Max.
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Shaun recently did a magazine feature/re-publish of it in RCM&E June 2020 - assuming the Dracan and Dracon are one and the same thing.

https://www.modelflying.co.uk/its-rcmes-june-2020-issue

We've got builders in doing an house extension and I packed away all my magazine's over the weekend, so if you'd have asked last week it was to hand, now it's not! If nobody has done you a copy in the next few weeks, send me a pm and I'll scan it once I'm back in my office.

Cheers Mike
Martin

Post by Martin »

They look quite different to me. The Dracon plan is on Outerzone.

Dracon on Outerzone

The Dranac looks faster and has its cockpit area at the leading edge of the main wing. The Dracon looks more stable, and has its cockpit area in front of the smaller canard wing.

Note that the faster-looking model is named 'Dranac' - which is 'canard' spelled backwards - not 'Dracan'. I found a link saying the Dranac was designed by Johnny Bowmer, not Dave Boddington - but I've not found a printable plan on-line for it. Sarik hobbies will sell you a printed Dranac plan for £12.50

MaxZ

Post by MaxZ »

MaxZ wrote: 17 May 2021, 12:53 Or this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1981-Radio-M ... 4769368529
probably from the same source.
This ebay offer says +pull out plan.
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Must admit that the Dracon which is claimed to be the Boddington design is much more good looking than the Dranac and if, that's the one I would go for.
Cheers,

Tobe
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

And Phil has the original Dracon now, I passed it on . Andy Boddo gave me it so I refurbished it for the article and converted to e-power. Designed by Dave Boddo and built and finished by Andrew.
I prefer this one to the Dranac.

It's a quick build .

Shaun.
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

If I remember correctly, the Dranac has a fully sheeted wing, would be a bit faster than the Dracon with a Jedelsky ish type wing.

I possibly have the magazine in my collection, I'm not sure, with over a thousand mags spread over a few storage locations, it could take 12 months to find it if I have it, I could be remembering reading the magazine in a newsagents or in the hobby store I worked in for a time. Not desperate enough to want the magazine or plan for the prices being asked for on Ebay, my landed cost would be more than I could justify.

Thanks anyway,

Dave
Cheers,

Dave