Cox TD09 stuff

Something to sell, buy or swap?
List it here.
Coxfledgling

Cox TD09 stuff

Post by Coxfledgling »

Might someone have a Cox TD09 RC carb complete, or parts, or any td09 parts they no longer use or need ?

Any condition

Might someone have a Cox pt19 Fledgling c/l parts, even a damaged fuz would be a great help.

Thanks
Tobe

Re: Cox TD09 stuff

Post by Tobe »

Are you looking for the sleeve that is on the cylinder regulating the exhaust?
To what I remember only the Medallion came with throttle, a combination of carburator end exhaust.
Cheers,

Tobe
Coxfledgling

Post by Coxfledgling »

Thanks for the reply, can you post a picture of the parts you have please ?
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Left Tee Dee .09 with muffler/throttle sleeve and to the right a .09 Medallion, the throttle here rotates the needle seat as the exhaust damper moves accordingly
Left Tee Dee .09 with muffler/throttle sleeve and to the right a .09 Medallion, the throttle here rotates the needle seat as the exhaust damper moves accordingly
This are the 2 options i know about throttles for the Cox .09

In my Cox collection they are one of a kind so they are not for sale I was hoping to find doubles but no joy so far.

Cox never made a regular carburator throttle of their own only cylinder sleeves except for the .09 Medallion which had a combination one.

For the .049 there is the Tarno throttle but for the .09 to my knowledge none....but I have been wrong before.
Cheers,

Tobe
Coxfledgling

Post by Coxfledgling »

Hi tobe, you know of the Cox engine forum ?
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

No I don't, this is the only forum I really follow with a few sporadic check in on RCuniverse just to check Galloping Ghost.
To keep my little grey cells up to speed I use my little time left building and developing "new" things, if you check around here on the forum....
I have flown Cox since I can remember and have quite a collection all from .010 to .15 and I think that I have most of the different kind manufactured.
Cheers,

Tobe
Coxfledgling

Post by Coxfledgling »

Yes forums can sometimes consume so much prevoiuse time

Cox did do an rctd09... The Cox engine forum has lots of info and pdf Cox instruction sheets etc...a gold mine for Cox info...
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

If your looking for one of these complete BNIB talk nicely to your wallet.
Attachments
TeeDee RC 09 No 211.jpg
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

...got one of them, just never consider them true Cox as they came later in the last generation Cox manufacturing like the Quite but never came up to level like the original.
Cheers,

Tobe
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

'Bit off topic but by way of an aside........ I grew up in Bromley and used to go and watch the "gods" in the Bromley Club. I will never forget watching Frank van den Burgh flying his Pylon Racer "Coccyx" which was powered by a Cox TD 15. That thing went like a bat out of Hell, God knows how he managed to fly it on reeds!
Coccyx2.jpg
Coccyx2.jpg (23.47 KiB) Viewed 1003 times
A very talented (and very nice) gentleman......

Paul