Available with factory calibrated voltage probe, XT60 or Deans T Plug

7 channel
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134393276917

10 channel
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134393545853
Jim

Re: New LemonRx 7 & 10 channel telemetry stabilised receivers

Post by Jim »

Stewart, nice looking range of receivers. Thinking ahead to a couple of projects this year can the gyro function of these receiver's be used to to control a helicopter tail rotor?

Happy new year

Phil
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Evening Phil and Happy New Year to You and yours also!
I dont see any reason why not... as all 7 channels have the gyros always on with a switchable gain on channel 8, so in fact, the 7 ch is more like an 8 channel stabiliser with 7 control outputs (inc twin aileron servos).
I will ask the factory and would be interesting to hear Peter Christy's view on it?
Hopefully when the production items arrive in the next couple of weeks or so then RCM&E will be receiving test samples and my guess is that they will end up with Mr Garrity for his hands on testing in due course. :lol:
Cheers
Stuart
Martin

Post by Martin »

It will likely work as a rate gyro - which will certainly help. But more modern helicopter gyros can also usually be switched to 'heading hold' mode - which is even better for hovering.

Some people like to switch back to rate mode when flying circuits - in rate mode, there is a weathercock effect once flying fast, so the helicopter tends to point the way it's going.

Many experienced pilots leave the gyro in heading hold mode throughout the flight - this means you have to use 'rudder' control to do coordinated turns or the helicopter ends up flying sideways or backwards - but for advanced manoeuvres you often want to fly sideways or backwards, and that's much easier with a good heading-hold gyro.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Sorry Stuart, spelled your name incorrectly, I will try harder next time :)
It will interesting if the factory have any comments on the question.

Hi Martin, I'm only looking for a rate gyro, I did try flying once on a heading lock but I didn't get on with it. When first flew helicopters back in the day I didn't even have a gyro, it was lively but I learned how to control the tail before saving enough money for a gyro.

Many thanks
Phil
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Morning Phil, rate gyro is exactly what it is and you have 3 pots to adjust the gain for all 3 axes and able to switch on or off with aux 2 or the gear channel.
Hope this helps?
Stuart