ACE RC Foam Wings

Something to sell, buy or swap?
List it here.
jackdaw

Re: ACE RC Foam Wings

Post by jackdaw »

Looks like Neil may have some new products in the pipeline. So just how do you 're name' it? Changing the title has no effect. I'm given no other options when downloading. I'm just stupid :(
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Igull wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 22:17 Once I can get an accurate scan, I'll attempt to do something simple.
Neil
Could this be a basis for next year's Ponty mass build?

Shaun
belli

Post by belli »

Hi Jack,

Download the file: 'right click' -> 'save target as' ->
Put it somewhere you will find it again easily.
Navigate your way to that place where you saved it, 'right click' on the file, 'Rename', remove the .pdf bit and put a period (full stop??) between ME109 and dxf.

It's as simple as that! :D

I am not aware of any on-line or simple .dxf viewers but you can still download Draftsight for the month of December before it is no longer free.

I've attached a real .pdf just to confuse everybody.
Attachments
Me109.pdf
No dreaded file extension woes!
(78.7 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

Well that's what I did before. Did it again and I get the same result, 'corrupted .pdf file'
Igull

Post by Igull »

Phil_G wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 23:02 Any good Neil? This is with the root & tip pressed firmly against the scanner bed. Cant get them absolutely flat as the root has a locating tab and the tip is rounded.
Root measures 137mm and tip 103mm. Half-span is 453mm. The root has a short parallel section where it fits the fuselage, about 30mm, ie the TE tapers not from the geometrical root but from 30mm out.
That's pretty much perfect Phil - thanks a lot for that - confirms what I thought in that all the "plans" online that I've looked at are actually wrong - generally a tad thicker - probably some recogniseable section from eppler or somesuch and bears no relationship to Owen Kampen's shoe insert at all :) . I'm sure that they would work just fine, but they aren't "the same".
Folks just want to pick their own section and use that - which is fine, but this is a true scale aircraft and all the rivets need to line up :lol:

Good note about the tapered version root start too - and that the regular version has that rounded over trailing edge and NOT square (folks do trim that off to add ailerons of course).

As they are to be laser cut balsa versions and not moulded foam, I'll probably stick to the AceRC/Doc Mathews school of wing building - strip balsa - and even more strip balsa (or usually spruce , no sheeting except for the roots - and no dihedral braces either :D

It's me that's making them, so I make the rules of course :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again for that.

Cheers

Neil
Igull

Post by Igull »

belli wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 07:48 Hello Neil,
I went down this road a few years ago, for fun I digitized all the Ace kits with an eye towards making reproductions. I did it for fun and ended up never building any....
Hi Belli
Thanks for that, I checked your section against the original, and that too seems to be a bit thicker :D :D :D
There seems to be a plethora of models designed for this wing, so there shouldn't be any excuse for you not to get on and build some :D
Cheers
Neil
Igull

Post by Igull »

jackdaw wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 17:45 Well that's what I did before. Did it again and I get the same result, 'corrupted .pdf file'
It's actually not a PDF, it's a DXF with a PDF extension, just rip off the PDF extension part and make it *.DXF - you'll be able to open it in something that'll read DXF. There are a couple of extraneous bits for the tailplane off to the right of the drawing that will confuse you :lol:

Cheers

Neil
Igull

Post by Igull »

Shaun wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 15:30
Igull wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 22:17 Once I can get an accurate scan, I'll attempt to do something simple.
Neil
Could this be a basis for next year's Ponty mass build?
Shaun
I can see the $$$$$$'s already - I'll need to take early retirement to make them - oops, I'm already retired and spend my days making millions on MZ Goblin kits :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, I saw someone on ebay flogging cheap used gall bladders, that wasn't one of yours I hope ;)

Cheers

Neil
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

No, I've kept it to use as a pressure tank in my next c/l team racer .🤪

Shaun.
Igull

Post by Igull »

Shaun wrote: 02 Dec 2019, 22:23 No, I've kept it to use as a pressure tank in my next c/l team racer .🤪
Not lost that sense of humour thankfully :D
Glad you're still with us Shaun otherwise we wouldn't have someone to slag off :lol:

What's a c/l team racer BTW ? Must be something from the last century I presume - never heard of it - maybe Phil's got one in the same box as his Ace RC Foam wing :)

Cheers

Neil