frsky dft module

Something to sell, buy or swap?
List it here.
jack

frsky dft module

Post by jack »

does anyone out there have a serviceable "dft" module for sale???,it seems that this is the module l need to convert my Futaba Gold Tx….but it seems that this module has been discontinued now :x :x :x :x :x ,failing that, does anyone know of a suitable substitute???....jack.
jackdaw

Re: frsky dft module

Post by jackdaw »

It all depends on the protocol you wish to use.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Does your Gold have a module bay? Mine doesn't. I thought Futaba only introduced the removable transmitter module idea with their later Field Force 7, 9Z and subsequent transmitters.

If your Gold transmitter doesn't have a module bay then you're better off with the DHT module which is designed for internal fitting. Unfortunately all the FrSky D8 transmitter modules (DFT, DHT, DJT) are becoming unobtainable.

What sort of receivers do you want to use? If you wish to use Spektrum, or Spektrum compatible, then the new Lemon module Phil has posted about may be the way to go, when it goes on sale. There are other options for Corona (obsolete now), or FlySky.

Or you can use a multiprotocol transmitter module which will work with any kind of receiver, though they are a little more expensive, and trickier to set up.
jack

Post by jack »

As l am now using FrSky l would prefer to use their Rx,s,is that what is meant by "protocol"??,yes my gold Tx has a module bay on the back,though l do have one that doesn't,l think the later FG-7 sets had these before the arrival of the FF sets....thanks guys.
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

I have just obtained what seemed to be the last FrSky DFT module in New Zealand - they are like rocking horse droppings here now!!

While looking for the module via Google several overseas sites also showed up claiming to have DFT modules in stock and would post internationally so it might be worth you trying them. It might be a bit more of an expensive method than buying from a local UK supplier but at least you would have one!! Have a look at these sites:

RC Mumbai (India): https://rcmumbai.com/frsky-dft-2-4ghz-t ... odule.html

Dragon RC (Australia): http://www.dragonrc.com.au/FrSky-DFT-Te ... ky-dft.htm

Hobbymania (South Africa): https://hobbymania.co.za/frsky-dft-2-4g ... odule-only

Best of luck

Brian Z
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Martin wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 17:35 Does your Gold have a module bay? Mine doesn't. I thought Futaba only introduced the removable transmitter module idea with their later Field Force 7, 9Z and subsequent transmitters.
Martin

Futaba introduced removable modules with the original Futaba J series in 1978, though it was a larger module than the "modern" one and the pins are differently orientated. I've fitted a DHT into a donor 72MHz module I bought so that I could still use it. In fact, its been on the shelf for over a year, I must fly it again

I'm not certain why some Gold Series transmitters have a module and others don't. All my 4 and 6 channel ones don't, but my original 7 channel one did, so I thought it depended on the number of channels. Then I bought a 7 channel one from eBay without a module and that was the end of that theory.

There are a number of modules that will work in a Gold with a module. The obvious one is to use it on 35MHz, the peg-board at our club doesn't get used much nowadays and 35MHz is still very useable. Then there is the Futaba TM-7 and TM-8 for FASST, they sometimes appear on eBay, though the receivers are a bit expensive. Spektrum did the DM8, again they come up on eBay from time to time, though it's only DSM2. OrangeRx did a DSM2/DSMX for Futaba's, I wonder if Hobby King will ever stock them again? And Futaba did a module for fhss, though I think they've discontinued them. And obviously a DFT if you can get one. Unfortunately what would have cost £25 for a new module a year ago will now be £40+ second hand.
stormer254

Post by stormer254 »

You could try here https://www.xtremepowersystems.net/index.php I have one of their plug in modules and several of their 'hack modules' all of which work well. RX's are cheap small and work well. The hack module has disappeared from the website o you might have to contact them to find out if it still available!