McCrash Racing at Freetech Endurance

Born again bikers!
Phil_G

McCrash Racing at Freetech Endurance

Post by Phil_G »

Currently running 3rd overall and first in class, out of 71 teams competing, after 73 laps of a four-hour endurance race
https://live.alphatiming.co.uk/freetech

IMG_20230415_164105.jpg

Dave got knocked off - by the time they'd recovered the bike they were back to 20th...
10 minutes to go, looks like calling it a DNF. Ah well, good days, bad days... :)
Mike_K

Re: McCrash Racing at Freetech Endurance

Post by Mike_K »

Is that the 50cc class?

Try not to break your ribs this time, please!
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

125 Mike, its a dnf & get out of the paddock ahead of the queue... :D
Shame after leading the class and P3 overall but there you go :)
I wasnt riding BTW, just my two lads...

========== EDIT 08/07/2023=============

Back to Teesside Autodrome this weekend, Roo wins the Sprint Final seconds before a thunderstorm broke out!

roo_wins_sprint.jpg
thundestorm.jpg

To avoid new posts popping up for those who aren't interested, I'll use this post as a sort of blog, I'll just keep updating it as & when.
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Just found this nice pic - Roo (my youngest) during an 8-hour endurance race at Teeside Autodrome. First in class IIRC :)
They might not be able to host any more 24-hours as they've had noise complaints form people who knowingly bought
houses near a decades-established race track. We're currently having a similar problem with a new estate on the edge
of Ponty Park.

IMG-20231219-WA0000.jpg
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Yes, a great piccy Phil
Phil_G wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 23:06 ..... noise complaints form people who knowingly bought houses near a decades-established race track. We're currently having a similar problem with a new estate on the edge of Ponty Park......
Will that potentially impact the modelling operations??

'Tis an ongoing problem everywhere made worse by inflated self expectations. Don't get me started :x
Back when I was doing ATC in the tower at Camden, every weekend the sh1t-cunning real-estate agents trying to sell executive country lifestyle acerages would phone in to find out the runway likely to be used all day, then apparently tailor their sales pitch up to and including advice that the aerodrome would be closing soon, the "noisy" runway was only used for emergencies, the new estate had an agreement with the aerodrome, etc., etc. Don't underestimate the lengths unscrupulous agents will go to to get a fat commission!! :evil: :evil:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)