Motorbikes general chat thread

Born again bikers!
Wayne_H

Re: Motorbikes general chat thread

Post by Wayne_H »

Yes, I can personally endorse both comments:
_AL_ wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 15:14 I was never much of a fan of riding on the road.... Sydney drivers are......
PaulJ wrote: 27 Jun 2020, 21:55 ... Barry Sheen ... said that he would "never ride a motorbike on the road because it was just too dangerous"! :o
Over almost 20 years, I averaged 50-75,000 klm/year on motorcycles, at least 2/3 of that commuting across Sydney. I kissed the pavement 4(?) times, resulting in precautionary hospitalisation 3 times. I was struck twice by cars who's drivers aggressively changed lanes without looking, without warning - I was actually stationary at traffic lights on 1 of those occassions when he hit me hard enough to catapult me over the footpath into a ladies rose garden🤕. Only once did I drop it due to my own "over exuberance" in the wet🥺.

In all my years of fanging around off road, I came off a few times, picked myself up, dusted off & took off again (as you do!). I always rode defensively on-road, always wore all the proper protective gear, but only ever felt "safe" riding off road.
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Took the Enfield out for a ride yesterday, first outing since the prang, bit apprehensive but settled right away, like it never happened :D
I like my new lid, it has an inner flip sun visor like Tom Cruise 8-)

IMG_20230523_173507.jpg

Edit: next day, went to the Seaways Cafe at Fridaythorpe, much longer ride, all good and the apprehension is gone :D
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

My lads setting off for the IoM TT this morning...

IMG_20230601_085419.jpg