Happy New Year!

Anything you like!
F2B

Happy New Year!

Post by F2B »

From the Lowlands to the east (for most of you), on the brink of 2023...

Happy New Year! :)

Bruno van Hoek

Image Image

Blue skies and fair winds to all of you!
F2B or not to be....
franck

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by franck »

great, Happy new year
Jim

Post by Jim »

Beautiful Cub, is that your model? And is that you flying using a screwdriver!?

Please send us some of those blue skies!

Happy New Year

Phil
F2B

Post by F2B »

Jim wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 09:59 Beautiful Cub, is that your model? And is that you flying using a screwdriver!?

Please send us some of those blue skies!

Happy New Year

Phil
Again, Happy New Year to all! :)
Yes it has been my model for some years now. I saved it from an attic clean out, it originally comes from the Czech Republic where it was picked up at a clubhouse sale by one of my flying pals. I still have no idea about the design. At ~40" span it's about 1:11 scale and I haven't found any plans or kits that could be it. Meanwhile my repair skills with yellow tissue are back to standard... :lol:
What isn't seen in pic 2 are the two extra pots, added later for setting the rudder offset at the the 40/60 and 100% throttle.
The picture shows me trimming straight flight for both situations. When finished, I closed the cover... :D
Those added throttle/ruddercoupling trimpots:
The encoder is a Phil G. version 1, stripped down to just single channel, extended with Tiptipflyer's throttle set up, altered for a 0-60-100-40-0-60-etc. caroussel. To know throttleposition when flying together with IC collegues, there is an ultra bright blue flasher.
As a cherry on the cake I used all analog inputs for reading a herd of trimpots so I can adjust literally anything.
There's also a TX battery warning circuit in an AtTiny, running independantly from the main processor. Flashing (green LED) quickly when full, very slow for almost empty. The "landing now!" sign is the green LED turning solidly red....
Here it is: https://vimeo.com/340164412 and https://vimeo.com/381002446 The protoboard working for the first time: https://vimeo.com/407501142

Blue skies are having to wait a bit, I'm afraid. It's windy, murky and anything but winter here..... :cry:
F2B or not to be....
Jim

Post by Jim »

Thank you Bruno for enlightenment on your SC project, it looks very interesting. I particularly like the blue indicator light for throttle on as when I tried SC with one of Phil G's amazing encoders I couldn't tell if the throttle was on or off with my little Tomboy even flying on my own. Although if my son was with me he could hear the motor with much younger ears!

Thanks for sharing

Blue sky's and fair winds

Phil