a ride in a Dragon-Rapide, accompanied by a Spitfire!

Anything you like!
Pchristy

a ride in a Dragon-Rapide, accompanied by a Spitfire!

Post by Pchristy »

:D

--
Pete
Martin

Re: a ride in a Dragon-Rapide, accompanied by a Spitfire!

Post by Martin »

Looks like it was a great experience, and a wonderful present from those who bought it for you.

Looked like a Catalina flying boat was parked out on the flight line. Not many of those still flying now.
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

Nice......
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

And for your next birthday present... if you have deep pockets!

https://flyaspitfire.com/
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

I started out in an old 100hp Victa and my son followed some 25 years later in the RAAF CT4 version .
Now-a-days I get a ride in when I can and he's not so busy.

https://proaviationtips.com/about-us/mi ... orgensen/

He is also pretty well know the world over which is quite an achievement for a kid from Bundy.
Then again Burt (Hinkler) did alright as well.
Google "mike jorgensen pilot"....( proud Dad)
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Indeed, a terrific experience and a super gift from your family - Congratulations Pete (and a belated Happy Birthday!!) :D
Martin wrote: 08 Sep 2021, 23:16 Looked like a Catalina flying boat was parked out on the flight line. Not many of those still flying now.
I scored a ride in a Catalina back in 1984(?) when working in the control tower at Mascot (Sydney). If I remember correctly, it had just been acquired by the Confederate Airforce, having previously been used for geological & mineral aerial surveys around Neu Guinea and the Pacific islands. It had the "stinger" on the tail and had been modified internally for crew living while on "missions". There were even king-single beds in each of the blisters :shock: - I still remember sitting "in bed" watching the coastline north of Sydney pass by 2000' below on our way to Nelson's bay and back to Mascot 8-). It shook & rattled when taxying & felt like it would come apart at the seams when the power was applied, but once in the air, it was immediately obvious why crews felt so secure when flying them in a wartime environment - a utilitarian and purposefully functional aeroplane. The cockpit looked and smelled like an old Mac truck, but wow, what fun :lol: :lol:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Great video Pete,
I was lucky enough to do the same thing around 6 years ago, it was in the silver rapide with the yellow stripes on.
Did they weigh you before you got on it, they weighed me, suppose it was to get the c of g somewhere near

Ron.
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Mike_K wrote: 09 Sep 2021, 10:19 And for your next birthday present... if you have deep pockets!

https://flyaspitfire.com/
When a pal of mine retired a few years ago he treated himself to an hour in a Spit, He said at the time that was the main item off his bucket list. 😄

He used to go to Florida for family holidays on the pretence it was because he liked Disney Land. Actually it was because there was a great aviation museum (in Kissimmee I believe) where you could buy stick time on some very tasty vintage aircraft. He said the Harvard was something else.

Shaun