C'mon boys - Who remembers THIS Christmas?

Anything you like!
Mike_K

Re: C'mon boys - Who remembers THIS Christmas?

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Jonathan,

A few more Xmas covers from the past. The Radio Modeller magazine covers were "bought" by Ripmax for years, the earlier ones when they were the MacGregor distributors, later ones with Graupner and Futaba, I think they made great covers. Todays RCM&E makes no extra effort at all for the Xmas edition, I think they're missing a trick there?

A belated Merry Christmas,

Mike

ps a big thanks to Phil_G for having a copy of all the RM magazines

RM_Xmas.jpg
Wavemeter

Post by Wavemeter »

Ha ha well done chaps ! I’m so pleased a RM cover was found to illustrate - I have a feeling there were a few adverts like it but ‘77 rings a loud bell 🔔 for me

Happy New Year everyone
Reconstituted boy
_AL_

Post by _AL_ »

Martin wrote: 25 Dec 2021, 13:28 I thought I had it in my collection, but a quick search didn't unearth it. It's probably in the loft somewhere...

I did find this similar offering from December '73, which just I photographed on a piece of OSB next to a vintage Stanley the knife. Note the cover price: a whole 20p. According to the Bank of England official inflation adjuster website, that would be about £2.60 now - which just goes to prove that you should never believe the official inflation figures.

RM_Dec73.jpg
That's the one I was thinking of.