Hurworth tomorrow (20th)

Anything you like!
Stew

Hurworth tomorrow (20th)

Post by Stew »

Anyone selling at the Hurworth swapmeet tomorrow?
Shaun

Re: Hurworth tomorrow (20th)

Post by Shaun »

Just seen this. I was :D
Stew

Post by Stew »

I was gone by 10:30 Shaun, didnt see you :(
I remember a few years ago you being there selling a Mercury Mentor? Perhaps the one from your vids? I didnt even know what single channel was back then lol.
There was a very nice little 'Sir Jasper' there today, but at 60 squid It was in 'bugger it, I'll build it myself' territory.
After leaving Hurworth I ventured south to York where a very generous forum member has given me a Precedent Hi-Boy! Complete with un-run OS 40 LA too.
It's a bit bigger than my usual 40's and 50's free flight models!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

We must have walked past each other; I was there at 9:00 and left at 12:00 Stew.

That was my Sir Jasper . At £60.00 it was a bargain (too cheap). It just needs a lipo and Rx and it's ready to fly.

The Dave banks pilot cost about £15.00. Motor/ prop, jeti ESC and servos another £50.00 then there's the wood, wheels, covering and quite a few hours to build it.

The Hi-Boy and OS was a great gift. 👍

It was a Mercury Matador. I bumped into the guy who bought it today. He hasn't flown it and left the home built single channel gear in.

Cheers,

Shaun
Stew

Post by Stew »

Hi Shaun, it was a lovely model! very nice indeed. I'm just a dreadful tight a**e! and I'm not even from Yorkshire!
Did you manage to sell it or do you still have it?
I was drooling over that Veron Velox kit too...

Shame the Matador hasn't flown, they are great models.

Stew.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I still have it. Hurworth's not a great place to sell stuff. Most people just seem to come and look , chat , keep warm for a few hours then go home. I've been a few times previously but I think that will be my last as a seller. I put the Velox and other kits back in the car as I've decided I'm building them. I was going to clear out a few kits but I'll have more fun building and flying them around.