Alex Whittaker

Anything you like!
GarydNB

Alex Whittaker

Post by GarydNB »

I don't have details but it appears noted columnist, modeller and photographer, Alex Whittaker has passed away. Very sad news indeed

Gary
Phil_G

Re: Alex Whittaker

Post by Phil_G »

This is very sad news. I'm lost for words, I really liked Alex, enthusiastic & bubbly, always had time to chat.
Never saw him lose it even when he forgot his batteries 🙂
Alex loved tinkering, be it boats, planes, electronics or shed-life - I'm gobsmacked, I dont know what to say.
RIP Alex and thank you.
Cheers
Phil
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Alex was a regular at Ponty. I saw him and chatted to him again this year, and he was his usual cheerful self. I couldn't believe it when I read that he had passed - he looked good for another 20 years when I last saw him!

RIP Alex.

--
Pete
stuart mackay

Alex Whittaker

Post by stuart mackay »

Am hearing reports that the great lensman of Ponty, RCME columnist and all round nice bloke has passed away suddenly.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

So sad, he became good a modelling friend over the years and we had great banter. After chatting at Ponte I said I would I send him my Ramblings article so we didn't duplicate content. He got it a few weeks ago so I hope he managed to get his done and it can be published.. RIP Alex.
Stew

Post by Stew »

That's a shame. I never met Alex, but he seemed to always be there at any event I attended, and took some great photos too. I enjoyed reading his blog and his various articles. Always a sad day when another Aeromodeller and shed-dweller passes.
RIP fella.

Stew.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Spoke with Kevin (RCM&E ed) this morning. Unfortunately Alex didn't get his Ponte article in.