Reminder: Get your Lidl gliders while you can! :-)

Anything you like!
Phil_G

Reminder: Get your Lidl gliders while you can! :-)

Post by Phil_G »

Unsold items are returned after a short time so stock up on Lidl gliders while they're available!
Slightly more expensive than last year at £10 but fantastic value and great fun following a simple conversion, many concepts to choose from!
I bought 3 to replenish my stock as I gave 3 away this year. I've just finished my fifth, I have a twisty-wing, a Lidlwing, a lightweight rudder/elevator one for calm days on the slope, & a S/C (not so successful!) - these have all been slope-soarers but this latest is my first powered Lidl - I wanted an 'assisted glider' for flat calm days on the slope and so I tried a tiny 'indoor' 30w motor on 2S 500mAh - its perfect and on a flat field I'm getting maybe 30 minutes climb-&-glide per charge, its done 5 or 6 great flights so far. Radio is rudder/elev/throttle using the homebrew FHSS running from the BEC of a 6 amp Hobbyking ESC (the glide much improved after I'd found the 'brake' setting to avoid windmilling):

IMG_20220826_141940.jpg

IMG_20220825_174854.jpg

IMG_20220825_115535.jpg

Edit:
Today was Don Valley MFC's open fly-in and I took the powered Lidl glider - flew it on & off all day, found some thermals and generally had a great time. Met a few lads from the RCM&E forum, John Stones, Nick Cripps, Paul Marsh & others (sorry I'm terrible with names). Strangely, the Lidl glider drew quite a bit of interest, though a few asked "Wot, no S/C models?" :)