Thanks Paul for your information. I understand what you're saying :D
Carl

------------------------------------
STILL LEARNING
Carl

Re: Went Flying Today

Post by Carl »

Lovely weather today :D Very calm conditions and flew the following which all came back with me in one piece :D:

WP_20190801_12_10_30_Pro (2).jpg
Carl

STILL LEARNING
Carl

Post by Carl »

Today I joined a club, 'Ash Park Flyers' - there were showers at first but had a little time to fly my Sharkface - something familiar and easy to fly first in front of others :D

There was a model made out of cardboard - I'm guessing with wood structure. One of the established members filmed its first flight after being stored for 20 years. Filmed using his mobile phone:

It had real presence in the sky.
Carl

STILL LEARNING
Martin

Post by Martin »

There used to be a display team that flew those cardboard Regal Eagles. I remember watching them at the Much Marcle show - that was probably twenty years ago, or thereabouts.
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

I remember seeing that display team at Woodspring Wings around the same time.

As I recall there were a range of kits of1920's monoplanes, the guy who owned the company had a background in cardboard packaging materials (he may have owned a packaging company) and used that knowledge on the kits.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
GeeW

Post by GeeW »

Just thought I would add that I went flying today for the first time in a while due to have too much real life stuff messing up the important bits.
4 packs with my 'well seasoned' Sharkface, apart from it throwing its prop on the first flight all was very much enjoyed.
I was impressed with its gliding performance sans prop which was just as well as I was not well positioned when the blessed spinny bit went AWOL...thinking of maybe fitting a folder?

Gordon
GeeW

Post by GeeW »

I was sizing up my Pulstar wing as it has a better AR but of sort of similar area and wondering whether it would work on the Sharkface fuz....only one way to find out! :D