Other hobby

Anything you like!
Colonel Blink

Re: Other hobby

Post by Colonel Blink »

If I couldn't do aeromodelling, I'd be drawn back into full size flying - but I'd need to increase my earnings and get rid of the visual migraines first........
Robin 2160 - the only a/c I turned upside down
Robin 2160 - the only a/c I turned upside down
Piper PA28-161 Warrior
Piper PA28-161 Warrior
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Full size gliding is my other passion/pastime - I'm proud owner of DG101 VH-GLK. Unfortunately "Good LucK" is in its box & gliding is currently on hold while we build our retirement home on the local airport air park - hangar at the rear & house at the front.
WPH+GLK.jpg
There is a strong aviation community in Temora, including the Military Aviation Museum https://aviationmuseum.com.au (where I plan to volunteer - eventually :roll: ), aero club & gliding club. My airworthiness & instructor ratings have lapsed for the time being.

Growing Australian native plants is another enjoyable pastime. I've been propagating plants for our retirement home garden & wee orchard for several years, with over 300 plants currently in the nursery.

There's also electronics & computers, and a heap of model railway gear for the grandkids (of course :roll: ) in boxes awaiting a permanent home.

Hey, I'm an aviation nut & modeler!?!
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

When I say lapsed Phil, I meant that I had not touched a mike or a key in many years, although I am still a member of GQRP Club.

I really should get a long wire up again sometime.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"