Retro R/C videos

Anything you like!
NeilMac

Re: Retro R/C videos

Post by NeilMac »

Found this one by chance, helicopters in the 1970's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2jhB3ZU-F8

I remember seeing a Jet Ranger being 'flown' around that time, the model was gathering quite a crowd as it slowly drifted round in circles while the poor pilot tried to get the damn thing back on the ground in one piece.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

Keil Kraft factory tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIhs0ltNwK8

Put the speaker volume down to minimum.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Great video, thanks for the link Neil :)

Difficult to understand how the whole place didn't just spontaneously combust with the balsa dust, cigarettes, cluttered contents, etc... :shock: If there was a fire, I can't imagine any brigade of the day being able to extinguish it :cry:

It also demonstrates how far the general application of workplace safety has progressed :P Mind you, there are distinct similarities with the engineering works & design office I started my mechanical engineering cadetship with in 1975 - smoking was commonplace, neck ties were mandatory :o , the tea lady & her trolley laden with biscuits (and cake on Friday :lol: ), combustibles everywhere (literally 100's of rolled up plans, & supplies for the huge printing press at the end of the drawing office, boxes stored in the fire escape stair well, etc.)

It's great that we are all so careful with our LiPo's........... :oops: :? :roll:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Pchristy wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 10:11 Here's some 8mm film from my early days, flying on Little Haldon, near Teignmouth in Devon:

(I'm the kid with the broken Sharkface, about 1'30"in!)

Our "leader" at the time was John Haytree, who later become well known as the "go to" man for engine repairs. He's wearing the light brown pullover in the stills section at the end.

--
Pete
Good to see the P1147 canard at 3:30... Other than mine that's the only other one Ive seen with the exception of the DF converted version somebody sent me a pic of from the republished article.

Shaun
Carl

Post by Carl »

Some very old B/W footage - mainly FF but the last couple of minutes RC. The commentary is worth listening to as they try to crack a few jokes :lol:

Carl

------------------------------------
STILL LEARNING
Carl

Post by Carl »

First officially recorded rc electric model flight by Talpin in 1957 :o

Carl

STILL LEARNING
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

They never showed the inevitable crash after the stall that was about to happen, but it was most certainly the first RC electric powered (very brief) flight in the UK .

I have a few of the batteries used in the plane.

Brilliant these old movies..You can see where Monty Python got inspiration for some of their sketches...
belli

Post by belli »

Taplin?
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Anybody remember Sky Pirates from the 70's? Plenty of Futaba M6 around!

Mike
HenkB

Post by HenkB »

Carl wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 18:17 Some very old B/W footage - mainly FF but the last couple of minutes RC.
Wow, I remember this contest at the Vinkevener Plassen in Holland, seen in the last minutes of this video. Brings back nearly forgotten memories of faces of the past. The guy steering his model from out of the boat was a disabled person who made his own brand of radio equipment.