Retro R/C videos

Anything you like!
Carl

Re: Retro R/C videos

Post by Carl »

This fascinating documentary on the Good Brothers with them telling their story appeared in my recommended videos on YouTube:

Carl

------------------------------------
STILL LEARNING
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Martyn Kinder posted this on facebook about Ayrton Senna..... 'Great video, I knew Senna was a modeller but I didn't realise he was quite so serious about it.

Paul
Carl

Post by Carl »

Came across this short video of a beautiful glider posted on YouTube 2011 - Walkin' Shoes designed by Jim Moseley 1958. It looked like it was rudder only and not sure but he possibly pulsed the rudder. Lovely gentle flight:

Carl

STILL LEARNING
Martin

Post by Martin »

Not very retro (1991) and not particularly interesting, but I was going through some old VHS tapes and found this footage I shot at Sutton Park (near Birmingham) and thought I'd share in case anyone recognises the models or model flyers.

Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Cleaning up some footage I found this and sure is vintage as I'm guessing early very early 50's as I know dad bought his first RC equipment 1949.
To come will be Dad on reed....
Cheers,

Tobe
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

World Championship 1973 F3A in Gorizia....and yes I was there and will pop up in the the footage from time to time!
The American team sponsored by ProLine was so sure to win that they started with the victory pictures but it didn't worked out that way as Japan with Yoshioka won!
Cheers,

Tobe
Martin

Post by Martin »

Mostly free flight rather than R/C, but appeared in my recommendations this morning, and I thought might be of interest.

Martin

Post by Martin »

Mostly not R/C (though there is some!), but I always loved Tim Hunkin's "Secret Life of Machines" programs, and now he's posting them remastered in HD on YouTube with additional comments from Tim added at the end of each episode.

Here's the one about the history of Radio.