New workshop!

Anything you like!
Wayne_H

Re: New workshop!

Post by Wayne_H »

Stew wrote: 08 Mar 2019, 10:55 I find it fascinating seeing the places where people carry out their hobbies, often quite unlikely nooks too.
Perhaps it's time we had the essential 'show us your modelling room' thread...I'm a nosy bugger me...
OK, you asked.........
workshop_1s.jpg
workshop_2s.jpg
This is an enclosed verandah in the house(?) we are renting while we build our own place. It doubles as my office (2 x PC's, LAN, laser printer, etc.), electronics & building area. Most of my models are stored elsewhere - tops of cupboards, in boxes, garage, etc., etc. My allocated "modelling" space, including storage, in the new build is the mezzanine floor (17m x 4m) on the back of the hangar - can't wait :D :D :D :D
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

Crikey Wayne, no wonder you can't wait - I thought my 3 x 4 metre hutch was a bit cramped but it feels positively spacious after seeing your current working conditions!
Attachments
WS8.jpg
WS6.jpg
WS5.jpg
WS4.jpg
WS3.jpg
WS2.jpg
WS1.jpg
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

3m x 4m??? I dreeeeeam of having 3m x 4m - would seem like a palace to me!! [ref: 4 Yorshiremen sketch]

Here's the modelling belfry; photos taken from the furthest points I could get (doubled up in the shape of a question mark, huddled under the roof slope)......

Who wants to play 'spot the models that Gary built'??? :D

Believe it or believe it not, this a little tidier than normal!
20190311_190352.jpg
20190311_190408.jpg
Stew

Post by Stew »

My last 'workshop' was an attic, accessed by a rickety wooden ladder. I'm now lucky enough to be renting :( a place that has a converted attic, with a window and cupboards and everything! (and it's accessed by proper stairs).
I took some photos the other day, but it was an epic mess. I had to practically go in there with a leaf blower. I may take some more photos when it's been 'stage managed' a little bit....

Stew.
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

CB, I spy a velivole fuselage. Waiting for the maiden later this year when the weather improves(that's done it, I've now put a curse on any summer we may get).
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

I have recently cleared off some space in my double garage. It was supposed to be used to start the rebuild of a 1974 Triumph T140, and then model aircraft came along (again).

Attachments
IMG_0167.JPG
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Phil,
Hows your new workshop comeing along?