Midway (The movie)

Anything you like!
PaulJ

Midway (The movie)

Post by PaulJ »

I wanted to see this film because when we were sailing we called into a number of places which had played a significant part in the Pacific War and I came to realise that we knew next to nothing about the war in that part of the world. I did a bit of googling before going to the movie so I would know a bit about what happened and I have to say I came away feeling that the film was well worth seeing. Yes, it is a typical american war film with lots of drama, action and special effects and I'm sure the purists could pick holes in it but you have to accept that they also have to make money as well as tell the story and I felt the story was well told......... The film starts with Pearl Harbour and loosely follows the course of the Pacific War from there up to the Battle of Midway. I thought it was broadly accurate, told the story and put the battle into context very well........

Worth seeing.

Paul
GarydNB

Re: Midway (The movie)

Post by GarydNB »

Who won?
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Don't spoile the end! :lol:
Cheers,

Tobe
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

GarydNB wrote: 16 Nov 2019, 10:09Who won?
tut, tut good fellow :o It's not all about winning, it's about who participated and tried their hardest - everybody got a certificate of participation, that is all that matters :P :lol:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

Thanks for the review Paul - I shall go and see it when (and only when) it comes to the civilised and genteel Ilkley Cinema https://www.ilkleycinema.co.uk/about-us- which has sofas and they bring coffee and drinks to your sofa. Couldn't abide going somewhere where you would be sitting in close proximity to the normal rabble and riffraff don't you know, what?