How is "Lockdown" going for you?

Anything you like!
bluejets

Re: How is "Lockdown" going for you?

Post by bluejets »

Interesting video. I've seen many of his and what he says make a lot of sense.
Here in Aus it looks like CASA is saddling up to make more drone related laws or changes as such.
Previously or up until now, being a member of a registered model club and flying at our fully recognised field, no registration was required. It seems the intention is to now require registration, not only for the little quads but also every aircraft in everyone's shed.
Let's hope it never eventuates as there are further murmurs of on-board aircraft recognition transmitters similar to commercial aircraft.
Had the Health Department stick their nose in to aviation on the Anzac weekend only to be ignored because of stupidity. They wonder why the average Joe thinks pollies are a bunch of right d***hds.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/brisbane ... i=AAgfYrC
ozrs

Post by ozrs »

Australia is fairing much better than most, in spite of some incredible incompetence involving cruise ships. Australia's isolation provided extra time to see the disaster that was unfolding around the world, and the incentive to accept social distancing.

In WA, there have been about 550 confirmed cases (most have recovered and there are only about 55 active cases currently), and 8 fatalities (about half of which were foreign nationals from cruise ships).

In the last week, there have only been 3 new cases (again cruise ship related).

WA has had hard border closures and been in lock down for 5 weeks (essential trips only), but yesterday, restrictions were eased to allow recreational gatherings of up to 10 people. So we can plan for a fly in small groups next weekend.

Sometimes its good to live in "the most isolated capital city in the world".
Richard
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

All state borders are closed and these cruise ships were a real disaster waiting to happen.
When we saw the impending release of so many, everyone was asking, what the H**LL are these drongos doing.

NSW health minister was apparently unaware of it, (yeah, right) and there was a rumour that 3 of the ministers underlings took it upon themselves. But who knows....now they all run for cover and make excuses whenever the Ruby Princess is mentioned.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tamarathie ... a75f524295

For us, we can't even drive to our local 60 acre paddock and fly a model aircraft. Not as though social distancing would be any worry but the insurance mob have also dropped a bombshell by saying "No Insurance until state health gives a clearance" so we are buggered there too.

Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

I hear you and share similar frustrations. We in Aus are fortunate(?) to have our inherent geographical isolation, but political stupidity and bureaucratic ineptitude are universal and have no boundaries :cry: :roll:

Fabulous flying site - cane fields in the background? You'd have none & Buckley's finding a fly-away :lol: :lol:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
_AL_

Post by _AL_ »

Under 250 grams is exempt from CASA legislation. I've been flying a Vapour & Mini Vapour around the back yard to get my fix. Lots of building as well.

Al
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

Depending upon how things go, there is a possibility of some easing of our restrictions after May 11th, including rescinding of the "within 1 km of home" rule and allowing of small gatherings of less than 10 people, observing social distancing of course. So flying trips to our field at Vayres COULD just be on. Meantime I am flying the Lock Down Special from the garden at every opportunity and had an inspiration about the safest way to "land" it - just let it glide into the soft and accomodating boundary hedge - simples! Depending upon the speed of entry it either finishes up horizontal with the back end sticking out, or, as in the photo, hanging by the prop. Either way no damage results! In the other photo you can see that I have now learned to relax despite the tight flying environment, and also note that our cats have been trained to observe social distancing!
Attachments
IMG_5989A.jpg
IMG_5988A (1).jpg
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

_AL_ wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 10:17 Under 250 grams is exempt from CASA legislation. I've been flying a Vapour & Mini Vapour around the back yard to get my fix. Lots of building as well.

Al
I'm still at work 5 days a week here in Sydney (essential service), can't fly on weekends, so, I too have been flying my Vapor in the warehouse at lunch times.

Dave
Cheers,

Dave
_AL_

Post by _AL_ »

I hear you. People complaining about being bored at home. I'm averaging 65 - 70 hours per week at work.
I'd love me some bored.......

Al
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

I despair, the latest 'chatter' on the UK media and this morning on the TV is a recommendation from Warwick university 'experts'(??) that ALL over 50's continue to be subjected to 'house arrest' for some considerable time!
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

Wayne_H wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 04:28 I hear you and share similar frustrations. We in Aus are fortunate(?) to have our inherent geographical isolation, but political stupidity and bureaucratic ineptitude are universal and have no boundaries :cry: :roll:

Fabulous flying site - cane fields in the background? You'd have none & Buckley's finding a fly-away :lol: :lol:
Surprisingly every now and then one does re-appear.
Remember one specific a few years back....... bloke let go of his brand new old timer with OS60 four stroke, reached for the Tx and found he had forgotten to turn the receiver on. Naturally it took off and was quite happy circling and climbing slightly but as you can see from the image of our field, subject to many many thermals. I've been in these in a little Jabiru and with throttle back, still climbed at 600ft a minute, almost as good as powered.They chased it in their cars for about 10 miles then gave up.
Few weeks later, some bloke taking a leak near a tree on the highway 20 odd miles away just happened to look up.
There it was, virtually unharmed. Owner says the engine was still running too. Had the owners name and address written inside under the wing, lucky for him.
Most though, go back to carbon when the bush or the cane is burnt or even worse , harvested. :o :o