New Lemon transmitter module, DIY & JR formats

Like B&Q for homebrew radios
Phil_G

New Lemon transmitter module, DIY & JR formats

Post by Phil_G »

John has posted an announcement on RCG about the much-anticipated Lemon RF module - it is now for sale and can be ordered from the Lemon site:
https://lemon-rx.com/index.php?route=pr ... uct_id=240
Twenty of your Earth pounds. Bargain!

I was fortunate to be asked to participate in testing and I can with complete confidence say that this is a great module, it works perfectly with all the retrofit encoders. Rather than duplicate stuff here please refer to John's thread for more details:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... ST-4-POSTS
Cheers
Phil
stormer254

Re: New Lemon transmitter module, DIY & JR formats

Post by stormer254 »

Had a look on their website, looks really good, Lemon has a good reputation as well, my mate has several of their RXs and they work perfectly! Might be the answer to my Orange module DSM2/ DSMX blues
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Absolute bargain...

I'll be trying one 👍
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I've ordered one..... :P

Hopefully the Lemon will go in the Pixie replica. I can get the Orange module in the case but the problem is the bolt that goes right through and holds the front on........ I just can't get it all in and still have the bolt going through the middle! :?

Paul
Last edited by PaulJ on 05 Mar 2021, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
stormer254

Post by stormer254 »

Ditto, it's on the way!!
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

thanks to Mr K and Phil for the heads up...test examples on their way to Swaffham electronics wrecking & recycling facility! :lol: :lol: :lol:
jmendoza

Post by jmendoza »

I was also on the Bets test team with Phil and the other chaps.

The Lemon DSMP Plug-n-Go module is fully Spektrum compatible, nothing to do but binding, no configuration, down-loading, or uploading firmware.
The DIY version is about as tiny as a DigiSpark, and has a 3 inch long coaxial cable plus a 3 pin header you can plug into with an aileron extension cable and plug the other end into your Phil-G 7 ch encoder. The DIY version will fit into even the most crowded radio transmitter case.

Testing showed these module to give better range than with a Spektrum, Orange, or Multi Module. The Lemon RX receiver they sent with the DIY outperformed all my other brands. Price is very fair, and the Lemon products are FCC type certified to be compliant with emissions requirements for RF devices. Lemon did their homework and this is a long awaited and well engineered product.

Jay
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Mine arrived yesterday and already have two of the JR modules installed with a slight mod to the case to fit in the module bay and now working in a JR Apex and Apex Computer, the first computerised Tx according to Mr K.

The DIY modules are tiny and can be easily hidden behind an original Tx PCB.

All work great and I love the tiny 6 channel, full range receiver with twin aerials!

Ordering some 10 channel Rxs now!
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

My Lemon module arrived today! :P Compared to the Orange module it really is tiny so hopefully it will solve the problem of fitting everything into the Pixie case .......
Tx Modules.jpg
Paul
stormer254

Post by stormer254 »

My module has arrived today but SWMBO won't let me touch the parcel for 24 hours , bloody Covid, just pouring her large glasses of wine and hoping she falls asleep! :lol: