RDT setup

Like B&Q for homebrew radios
Stew

RDT setup

Post by Stew »

Hi all.

Question regarding gear for RDT.

I had a Frsky DHT hack module in my RDT transmitter, but I pillaged it for a Micron Propo transmitter conversion to 2.4 (which works well) :)

Question is, can anyone recommend a cheap as chips Tx module and a small and light full range receiver? (I'll need a handful of them). I would like to get my RDT system back up and working for a few FF sport power and competition rubber models I've built.
(Although I'm happy with my Frsky stuff, I'm not bothered about staying with them for this setup).

Many thanks

Stew.
PaulJ

Re: RDT setup

Post by PaulJ »

The Lemon Tx module is the cheapest I know of at around £28 and I think it is probably the best as well........ I am getting about 60mtrs range on low power against 50 mtrs for the Orange....... The Lemon Receiver is pretty small and light but it is 6 channel, the 4 channel Orange R410X (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx-r4 ... _analytics) is marginally smaller and lighter.

Paul
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Stew,
would an unique nRF24 system work for you?
If....PM me as I might be able to help you :D

Cheers Stew

Tobe
Cheers,

Tobe
Stew

Post by Stew »

Paul, cheers for your advice fella, but I will be DT'ing at way more than 60m, I'm usually following with binoculars at the point when I want to DT. Cheers anyway though, I'll explore that option for some of my smaller RC models though, nice one.

Tobe..I'll be in touch shortly.

Stew.
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Stew wrote: 19 Jul 2021, 14:48 Paul, cheers for your advice fella, but I will be DT'ing at way more than 60m, I'm usually following with binoculars at the point when I want to DT. Cheers anyway though, I'll explore that option for some of my smaller RC models though, nice one.

Tobe..I'll be in touch shortly.

Stew.
Stew,

Paul refers to 60m in reduced power "range check" mode, not the normal full power. In my tests with the LemonRx DSMP module and a LemonRx Rx, I've flown my motorised 100S glider to a height where I was having it followed for me with binoculars, so the range isn't an issue. And if you're concerned about the range you'd just set the fail-safe to D/T it.

But the boards' Tobe has made for Phil_G NRF24L01+ Tx/Rx lock-down project are as impressive as any commercial offering and with a little Arduino know-how, they can be customised for your exact needs. In fact, it's probably worth contacting Phil as I think he was doing/thinking of doing a dedicated D/T set-up based on his NRF24L01+ Tx/Rx lock-down project.

Cheers

Mike